Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Useful / useless nature of resmed's MyAir
Useful / useless nature of resmed's MyAir
I posted this as a separate thread to my main therapy thread as I just wanted to gauge the collective's impression of the Resmed MyAir software.

I've only been using the machine for a couple of weeks but every morning I wake up to the machine's smiley face, MyAir's 99/100 and periodic emails awarding me a "SILVER myAir Badge!". Then I got two calls yesterday from two different nurses at the sleep clinic who both started with "I've been looking at your data, and it looks like you are doing FANTASTICALLY well with your new CPAP machine!".

All of this really wears me down as my true-life experience of CPAP is a hundred miles away from Resmed's glowing impression.
Not wanting to get into diagnosis or therapy here (my other thread can cover that) but am I alone in finding this relentless over-egging of the success rates as being demotivating?

I'm really glad to have found this forum, and the OSCAR software, otherwise I'd have thought I was going mad: Resmed telling me everything is great, yet my body tells me that I've gone backwards.

I get that Resmed want to simplify the story for many users, but are they running the risk of demotivating users by presenting a picture that is rosier than the reality?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Useful / useless nature of resmed's MyAir
There are two groups of people, Those who want to succeed but don't want to get away from their duck. The MyAir is intended to encourage mostly compliance, continue to use your machine and it will eventually magically work for you.

And those that don't believe in magic and found us at AB.
Post Reply Post Reply
They judge things differently than we do.

First and most important you are using your machine! I've heard that 10% stop right away.

And in their rules if you have it on for 4 hours with an AHI of 5 you are compliant. If I did that I would feel like He_l. Compliant, they've done their job!

Glad to see you here! There are so many people here to help...
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a humidifier?? I find mine helps.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir tends to remind me of obnoxiously happy cheerleaders that try to say things are going fabulous but your team is down 3 touchdowns with 1 minute to go and the other team has the ball on your 1 yard line.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hah good for your doing so well you’ll get a gold star soon. in pre COVID times they would have had you back in the clinic after 30days so now need to do the review on line and over the telephone. There is only so much they can tell from the data online and it doesn’t contain any of the how you feel stuff numbers can be great but that’s only part of the story
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep exactly. This is why I gave up on MyAir and got OSCAR because the fact that I can get 95/100 while getting an AHI still in the severe range? That's just nonsense. Especially as you don't even need to get get the full 7 hours for compliance for my local health authority - it just has to be 4 hours, not 7. Thankfully, my sleep clinic aren't just about compliance (though it was at first nice to know that I was doing well by tolerating it from the start - I guess a lot of people struggle to keep the mask on even for an hour or so at first). But after a week, I was like yeah ok... I keep this on at least 8 hours a day. Now what?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just congratulated for wearing my mask for at least 4 hours a day! I should be noticing that I feel better! Thanks MyAir. I've been compliant for over 30 years, and I always sleep minimum of 6 hours, but usually 7-1/2.
Yup. 4 hours and AHI>5 and life is wonderful!

I feel better because I've finally listened to advice here. I have an apap finally. And it's set up the way it was recommended to me by people here. My hat is off to those that helped, and I salute you!

OSCAR interpretations here really help me. As SleepyHead interpretations used to... The medical system and the DME supplier have not.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 438 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,449 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 457 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,046 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,742 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Diagnosis] Can Cpap "work" but still be useless in treating symptoms? tom41 13 1,086 04-25-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.