b360155 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX & Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50-D Plus Pulse Oximeter!

Sex: Male

RE: Usefulness of Pulse Oxi and/or Zeo?
(05-08-2012 12:52 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  You are right...

Guess that makes us two of a kind, eh Paula??? Laugh-a-lot

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
05-08-2012 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Sigh. You wish.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-08-2012 03:28 PM
SlightlySleepy Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Puritan Breeze
Humidifier: Resmed H5
CPAP Pressure: 6-10

Other Comments: EPR off, humidifier 80 deg, heated hose, chin strap to reduce mouth breathing. BMI 21-22

(05-08-2012 12:43 PM)b360155 Wrote:  ...
If anybody can shed any light on these results, I'd appreciate hearing from you!

Anyway, love my new toy! Only slight regret I have today is that I saw another website that had the CMS-50E unit for only $2 more including free delivery. That unit has a few more features, most importantly, it comes with a built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery which from the sounds of it could come in very handy, but then I used some rechargeable AAA batteries that I already had last night and it worked just fine.

I think there is a way to submit names of other vendors to the suppliers list, although it would be preferable if you had actually had some experience with said vendor prior to recommending it. Maybe there is some way you could tell me what that vendor's name is (private message) because I am planning to buy a second CMS-50D+)

I think the CMS-50D+ is just the greatest little toy and very useful. I've only had mine for about 1 1/2 weeks, and not used every night (shared with my partner) but the first time I wore it I had a desat to 80% coupled with increased pulse to 120 bpm, which correlated with a 'ran a marathon' feeling the next day. That was with my 6cm H20. Meanwhile, I am trying to jump the DME hurdles and fortunately, I have not had another night that bad since then, so my mind has been clear enough to deal with the mind numbing bureaucracy that seems to be our medical care system in America.

I want to order one for my parents because I strongly strongly strongly suspect my dad at least has sleep apnea, but won't admit it despite falling asleep regular while sitting in a chair, and yawning 6 times during a 10minute 5pm Skype videochat.

Glad you got your oximeter, and if there is anyone else sitting on the fence, just do it! Just make sure it is the 24 hour recording type, and the kind of batteries you prefer (built in and unchangeable or AA for which you can buy your own rechargeables).
05-08-2012 09:17 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
b360155 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX & Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11.4

Other Comments: CMS50-D Plus Pulse Oximeter!

SlightlySleepy:

I just sent you a PM. I didn't recommend the other vendor as I have not purchased anything from them. I just Googled the CMS-50E and found their listing.

I did have a pleasant purchase experience with Supplier #19 in purchasing my CMS-50D Plus though. But their website doesn't show the CMS-50E model so don't know if they sell that particular model or not.

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
05-08-2012 10:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 253 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Pulse Oxygen Sensor muddywaters 6 312 11-27-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [Equipment] CMS 50F PLUS OLED Wrist Color Pulse Oximeter with Innovo┬« SnugFit probe Ham Radio 5 376 11-15-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post: JuicyJuices
Question What Pulse Oximeters work with SleepyHead? jerod 20 7,557 09-05-2016 05:47 PM
Last Post: Marthajoy7
  Deciphering pulse rate data from oximeter sean333 5 419 09-01-2016 02:41 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Question about pressure pulse SkinTone 11 617 08-10-2016 03:16 PM
Last Post: natyprueba
Gross Pulse Oximeters and Arrhythmias srlevine1 1 379 07-24-2016 09:47 AM
Last Post: Jimsp1