Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User Feedback On SleepZone Heated Hose
User Feedback On SleepZone Heated Hose
Interested to know how users find the "After Market" SleepZone Heated Cpap Hose advertised by Supplier #7 on the Supplier list as regards to effectiveness against "rain out" on these cold winter nights?? Going by the testimonials on their site they sound good but I'd like to be sure before purchasing as they aren't that cheap at around $150 Australian.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User Feedback On SleepZone Heated Hose
Since machines come with heated hoses these days, not much demand for them
I wouldn't pay $150 for one, I might use hose cover and put the money towards an S9 AutoSet or PRS1 Auto (560) with heated tube option, few bargains on these discontinued gems on-line ... YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2016, 05:52 PM)zonk Wrote: Since machines come with heated hoses these days, not much demand for them
I wouldn't pay $150 for one, I might use hose cover and put the money towards an S9 AutoSet or PRS1 Auto (560) with heated tube option, few bargains on these discontinued gems on-line ... YMMV

My PRS1 CPAP [461P] came with the 80 Power Supply and Heated Humidifier and I purchased a Heated Hose for it from my M.C.S. sleep therapist and I've always used a PR hose cover and I still get some annoying "rain Out" on really cold nights [Ballarat area]...it's far from perfect hence my question.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2016, 01:42 AM)Mutineer Wrote: ...it's far from perfect hence my question.
By replying, the thread get bumped to the top of the page and get maximum attention

As for rainout, I don't get rainout since start using S9 and now AirSense 10 heated tubing, even on very cold nights and early mornings
In the past, I had rainout using S8

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
No rain out even with tube temp set on 1 and humidity maxed out with a PRS1. 560
You sure you arent getting mask condensation instead of rainout?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2016, 01:01 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: No rain out even with tube temp set on 1 and humidity maxed out with a PRS1. 560
You sure you arent getting mask condensation instead of rainout?

Not sure how I tell the difference, all I know is if I awaken during the night and change the side I'm sleeping on I can noticeably feel annoying water dripping across my nose and wetness inside the Wisp mask, same when I first take the mask off in the morning. I always heat the water up in the humidifier 20 or so minutes before retiring and the hose even through the PR hose cover feels warm to the touch when I first start the machine however if I awaken during the night it doesn't feel at all warm......the humidifier light always shows orange which says the humidifier is supposedly working fine? Can be very annoying. Perhaps the heated hose is faulty?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 612 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.