Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User Flag #1 & #2
RE: User Flag #1 & #2
Hi,
settings stable, yet I have not turned off the machine still.....so far, so good.

good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
A question, when I checked custom CPAP user event flagging, I got a message 
“A data reindexing procedure is required to apply these changes”.  It’s ok to check yes to make these changes ?
Also should you check the show in event breakdown pie chart .  
Also what about  Resync machine detected events, should this also be checked?
Thanks, not a computer geek!
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:A question, when I checked custom CPAP user event flagging, I got a message
“A data reindexing procedure is required to apply these changes”. It’s ok to check yes to make these changes ?

Yes, you need to do the data re-index for the user flags to be generated. It's reversable - if you turn the user flags off, Oscar will re-index the data again.

Quote:Also should you check the show in event breakdown pie chart .

That's optional, but I think it's a good idea. It shows graphically the proportion of user flag events - it can be quite surprising how many there are.

Quote:Also what about Resync machine detected events, should this also be checked?

I'm not sure about this one. It's marked as "experimental" but as far as I can see on a very quick test it doesn't seem to do anything. I'd be inclined to leave it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much deep breathing for your concise answers. Will try it and see what it shows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry but I am still confused.  Why wouldn’t the machine flag these user flags as OA or CA or hypopneas?
Post Reply Post Reply
They are below the definition thresholds of an OA, CA, or Hypopnea.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the OA, CA, and Hypopnea are flagged in the machine's data. The user flags are software specific.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 103 03-27-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Smile Why does OSCAR/AirSense 11 APAP flag central sleep apnea when I'm wide awake? DevinJones 8 1,436 03-04-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question User Flag's OSCAR chype10 1 362 01-16-2023, 07:31 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,111 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  the event flag column clothe1973 7 1,085 04-02-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: clothe1973
  Did Dreamstation or OSCAR fail to flag or misclassify abnormal breathing events ChinaMan 34 3,240 11-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Event flag not showing anything yankees123 3 1,268 08-23-2018, 06:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.