Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User Flag's OSCAR
Question 
User Flag's OSCAR
I'm new to CPAP and have started using OSCAR to interpret my data. I just found the user flags and I'm interested in using them.

I tend to go extreme with things, so I was curious- user flag settings will provide useful information? At what point am I just getting worthless information?

ie- I one of my user flags to 35% reduction with a duration of 3 seconds. With this setting, there are an absurd amount of these events, despite my AHI being only 2.5. Is this flag giving me useful information or is it too specific/limited?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User Flag's OSCAR
They are sometimes useful in specific circumstances. As you've seen an event duration of 3 seconds floods the charts; The given examples, using a duration of 8 seconds will 'find' more events than the standard 10 second events,

Mostly, you will not gain any useful information from them.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 181 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 249 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 644 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 179 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 145 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 297 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.