Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User flags #1 & #2 DO THEY MEAN ANYTHING
User flags #1 & #2 DO THEY MEAN ANYTHING
I turned on the user flags on OSCAR #1 is a 80% reduction for 10 seconds and #2 is 80% reduction for 5 seconds.

I have 42 of the #1 and 179 of the #2. Should these be ignored? Just curios.

Thanks , car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User flags #1 & #2 DO THEY MEAN ANYTHING
I don't use the user flags and think they are more of a distraction. If you have some plan to use them, that's fine, but I don't bother with it for myself, and mostly ignore them when posted by others. FWIW, I think there is too much data obsession already, and I don't even know what the significance of these events might be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
seconded, I researched these years ago and fine that the standard data is finje.
Post Reply Post Reply
I third the suggestion to ignore user flags, when I see them enabled on a screenshot it indicated to me the user is obsessed with data rather than focusing on the matter at hand which is getting effective sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
depends on how you look at it. a reasonable opposite conclusion may be drawn:

I've never set a user flag & while using them might indicate a data 'obsession', one might instead be motivated to use them when optimized settings & acceptable ahi don't produce that restful sleep we're all after.

similarly, my wife probably thinks scouring my data every day for 4 years is obsessive; I would say it's been necessary, driven by a long slow long struggle to reach a point where I feel like treatment is working.

just sayin', obsessive for some, but others may legitimately feel the need to dig deeper.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 477 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dreamstation incorrect flags voluhar 0 391 02-19-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: voluhar
  Items missing in Event Flags in OSCAR heart1970 2 641 05-08-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  Leak event flags vs. Leak rate graph verysincere 1 558 06-07-2021, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  OSCAR: numbers on event flags guiniviere 17 2,237 11-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Aircurve Vauto event flags gwc2795 2 1,069 04-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: gwc2795

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.