Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User profile/ Machine settings ?
User profile/ Machine settings ?
Is there a way to record a user's profile of machine settings?

I have not participated in these technical forum discussions because I did not need to.  My machine works great for me and I experience very little CPAP issues.

Long story short:
My Resmed AirSense 10 was set perfectly for me when I got a new one last fall.  I sent it back to my DME supplier in March under warranty as is was starting to make noise;  I received an identical "loaner" machine and they "said it was set exactly to my settings."

They had my machine at the factory for about 4 months and I got it back about 2 weeks ago.  I think something was not right on the loaner settings and I am only able to make that statement since getting mine back.  I am getting better sleep now with my machine and the settings appropriate to it.  I was not sleeping well and waking up exhausted and listless. I attributed it to many things such as the winter, me needing to eat better, needing more exercise, need to eat better, work stress, etc.  I was blaming myself because yes, I could have better habits. 

But there was something not right on the loaner.  I feel I can make that statement due to the difference in sleep quality now that I have my regular one back and in use.

The difference was noticeably almost the first night of using my regular machine!  The only thing I can think is that there was a setting that was not correct on the loaner.  I know the basics of my APAP range, temperature, humidity, etc and made sure the loaner had those programmed.  There must be something on my machine of which I am not aware that I need to record if I need another loner or get a new machine in the future.

I am wondering if there is a user profile setting that can be recorded and transferred from machine to machine? For example, at work for my AutoCad computer, I can save .lsp and .pgp files that are tailored to my user preferences such that I can transfer those via roaming profile so that I can have my set-up on any machine anywhere.

Is there a way to electronically record CPAP machine settings of my preferences on my current machine to keep if needed?

BTW- the loaner was the same make and model as my normal machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User profile/ Machine settings ?
There are many settings that you don’t see. You can SEE how to get to them on youtube search your model and change settings. Or I can tell you. Turn n on the settings then press and hold for about 3 seconds the button and home button at the same time. That will take you to the settings everyone on this site uses and change. from the top of the site here is their instructions: ResMed A10 Series (AirSense 10 AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite, CPAP, AirCurve 10 VAuto, S, ST, ASV, & CS PaceWave): For Setup Instructions with pictures, click here. The "dial" can be turned or pushed. The button below the screen with the house icon is called the "home" button. To access the clinician menu, press the dial and the home buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The clinician menu will appear. Select parameter(s) you wish to modify with the dial (push down to select, turn to modify). When done, press the dial and home buttons for 3 seconds again, or find the "exit clinical menu" option in the menus. (complete manual available via email, below)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Stacey, Thanks.
Yes, I do know how to access the options, including the clinical settings.
What I am wondering is if there is a way to record all them electronically, if possible, such that it is only a data transfer of those settings should I go to a different machine.

If this is not possible, then I would need to go through all the options and clinical settings and manually record them analog with pencil and paper... I am trying to inquire if there is another way to keep track of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you used OSCAR, you can review a Daily screen during the timeframe you were using the correct values. Also, the Statistics page will list all previous settings. I believe that this information is stored in the Str.edf file on your SD card.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as you have the SD card(s) from that time period, you should be able to load all of the data into OSCAR. In its "Statistics" view it will list all of your settings changes over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to be 'grouchy' but what is OSCAR? In looking at the tab at the top of the page, it looks like Sleepyhead software of sorts.
Did this replace Sleepyhead? I no longer see it in members' profile signatures, but rather this OSCAR instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2020, 01:33 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: As long as you have the SD card(s) from that time period, you should be able to load all of the data into OSCAR. In its "Statistics" view it will list all of your settings changes over time.

The downloaded data of which you mention, does that include machine settings or just "sleep" data?

Because I never had issues, I never kept an SD card in my machine.  I only used Sleepyhead a couple of time because I never had any issues with settings until getting this loaner.

On Edit:
I am downloading the OSCAR now... might be good to post up some graphs as it has been a couple of years.
Post Reply Post Reply
The difference you felt may be due to a different make like a dreamstation even a different model of the same make
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes on the left side gives all machine settings and you can print it with cut and past or screen shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2020, 01:57 PM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote: Not to be 'grouchy' but what is OSCAR?  In looking at the tab at the top of the page, it looks like Sleepyhead software of sorts.
Did this replace Sleepyhead?  I no longer see it in members' profile signatures, but rather this OSCAR instead.

OSCAR is a fork from SleepyHead.  Our intent was, and is, to make the best product to assist Apnea patients that we can.  It was NOT to replace SleepyHead though that is what has effectively happened.  A good portion of the OSCAR team worked on SleepyHead and wanted to correct the many errors that we were aware of.  The owner did not want this to happen.  The result was the OSCAR making many hundreds of corrections and changes to the code we started with.  This is so much so that we do not recommend users to use older versions of OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 107 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,759 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 612 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 515 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 539 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR Lost My Profile Poolboy 6 1,044 11-03-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Poolboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.