Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Users of F20 AirTOUCH cushion how long does yours last?
RE: Users of F20 AirTOUCH cushion how long does yours last?
The cushion lasts my wife about 6 weeks.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that was helpful. We are beginning to get a fair number of answers which is so helpful. I probably should have posted as a "poll". Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
My usage varies. I didn't get any cushions from the batch that fell apart immediately some time ago, and I get about 45 days usually. Once in awhile I force myself to keep using one for 30 days--it starts leaking. All time high was 60 days. I use a wipe on mine daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can get 6 - 8 weeks on mine and I have a tendency to use a tighter mask seal. It may be too tight by some standards, but it works for me.

Depending on how her sinuses are doing my wife can get around a month or if she sticks her fingers under the mask to scratch her nose, about 2 weeks.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got an update

It seems mine rip because I am a mouth breather.  The cushion stretches too far and the gasket rips at the top.
The large leak rate was always high but I didn't know why.

A chinstrap holds the jaw closed but bothered me too much to use.
A soft cervical collar does help but not entirely.

If I hold the mask in place the gasket doesn't rip. That isn't a perfect solution since I may slip & the cushion might rip.
I will try the AirFit F20 silicone cushions instead.

I will also buy cotton mask liners, I didn't know those existed. That should prevent nose irritation for either mask.  A band-aid slipped off.
I just discovered there are nasal gel pads but those won't help the ripping problem.  

Is there a first time users guide here ? I can't find one. User experience would be useful.

My doctor appreciated my feedback and will tell other patients.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that update!

Amazingly I am on day 73 of my first airtouch cushion and it does not seem to be breaking down. The foam has maybe gotten a little softer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can get about 6-8 weeks out of one of my mask inserts depending on how may times I stick my finger in to scratch my nose. Mine usually start to split and the top of the mask in the "v" I have a tendency to wear my mask a little tighter, but it woks for me.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is beginning to leak a bit now at 75 days at the chin. The memory foam is getting a little softer. I did change to a new one last night and some leakage still occurs which now makes me think I just need to tighten my straps slightly. I suspect that these head straps stretch a little over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
another update

First the customer service rep from superhealthcare said they do not recommend the AirTouch gasket type unless the AirTouch silicone doesn't work.
typically men with beards don't get a good seal without a gasket.  
The silicone type will last for months.

The AirFit solved my problems. Large leaks went from about 50-70 to 0. Leak rate went from 60's to less than 3 typically.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find the headstraps on my n20's don't last.

Someone here suggested washing them in extremely hot water, and they return to usable fit. However, I haven't tried that.
I'm currenlty using an N30i and occasionally an P30i. Both of those are modified with the Philips Respironic Dreamwear Velcro lowered strap that reduces movement of the mask on my head. I've bought several of those on amazon dot ca

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 604 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,014 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 424 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.