Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New data to review
New data to review
Please review my data

https://imgur.com/a/UzoA7
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New data to review
You're leaking! Way too much. Try a chin strap and if that doesn't work a full face mask.

Until you fix that problem nothing else matters. Much.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect you will need a higher pressure to overcome the obstructive apneas. However I concur with Sleepster that you need to address the leaks before doing anything else. Remember that when you're in high leak territory, the machine can't diagnose or treat apneas and hypopneas properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have always had that many leaks or did you recently switch to a different mask? As suggested, try a chin strap. I am guessing you are leaking through your month, is it dry when you get up?

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2017, 11:48 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I suspect you will need a higher pressure to overcome the obstructive apneas. However I concur with Sleepster that you need to address the leaks before doing anything else. Remember that when you're in high leak territory, the machine can't diagnose or treat apneas and hypopneas properly.

What pressures do you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2017, 04:52 AM)car54 Wrote: Have always had that many leaks or did you recently switch to a different mask? As suggested, try a chin strap. I am guessing you are leaking through your month, is it dry when you get up?

Car54

haven't always had leaks, I just need to adjust the straps. My mouth is not dry in the morning. I use the humidifier every night
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2017, 08:24 PM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: I just need to adjust the straps.

If that were the case you'd notice a leak that large before you ever fall asleep.

Adjusting the pressure won't do anything until you fix the leak.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a mask fit function that can help, the link in my signature will help
Youtube have more mask fit videos than anyone needs, including how to open the mask fit setting, You may also want to get the clinical manual from the link at the top of the page

youtube list
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...espironics
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Got some new data to review:
https://imgur.com/a/3dF0q

I know I was leaking alot, I sleep in a different position now which diminished the leaks a little. AHI is lower and Im sleeping better. Suggestions at this point is highly appreciated!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's looking much better, and the leaks are much better controlled. Even though they are now almost entirely under the redline, you should try to reduce leaks as much as possible, as they can still disturb your sleep (and your bed partner's).

Your machine is bumping up against the maximum pressure prtetty consistently, indicating that it wants to go higher. I'd be inclined to increase your max and minimum pressures by 1cm and see how it goes for not less than three or four nights, then review. Don't be tempted to change pressures every night - that way lies madness! Loco
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 182 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 107 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 168 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 222 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 55,110 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 370 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.