Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uses for Extra Distilled Water
RE: Uses for Extra Distilled Water
I top off daily and clean weekly. With distilled water and filtered air, I'm not really concerned about mold and mildew. I could be wrong. I inspect the tank every day and clean the mask daily looking for damage and contamination.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2015, 06:50 PM)foss Wrote: Whew. Not being able to use an antifreeze such as alcohol in the windshield washer would be a problem here in Kansas. It frequently get cold enough during the winter that the inexpensive washer fluids freezes solid. You have to use the stuff that has enough alcohol that it doesn't freeze near zero.

Jeff

I go to the racing supply store and buy a couple of gallons of methanol racing fuel and "enhance" the Rainex washer fluid by depressing the freeze point to near zero F.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2015, 08:14 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: You guys who just top off continually. Do you leave your bedroom windows open in the summer? I know my brother always topped.off, but he never opens his while mine are open unless the a/c is on or it is down to 20 F or less. Mold spores blown around are my only concern. Maybe it's an unnecessary concern?

A/C is on 9 months out of the year. December through February we can open the windows on some days but rarely at night unless the temp gets nice and chilly. I haven't been on CPAP during the 'winter' months yet.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 354 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.