Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using APAP for Almost a Year with No Improvement!
RE: Using APAP for Almost a Year with No Improvement!
Quote: the machine was at 0 cm/H2O for a significant part of the night

the Yaxis was set at 8.00 min, so probably you thought you saw 0 instead of 8.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2015, 12:21 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: From your respiration, it does look like you are dreaming, routinely. This is a good sign.

QAL, I'm curious what you're seeing in respiration that looks like dreaming. Could you explain?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to suffer from migraines on almost a daily basis, usually waking up with it. This was virtually eliminated when I got glasses. I had no clue that my eyesight, although only off a bit, was enough to give me migraines. I know everyone is different but it may be worth checking out. I still get dull headaches in the morning from time to time; probably associated with the sleep apnea but at least it doesn't feel like I'm going to have a vein pop in my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2015, 01:59 PM)Elizabeth25 Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 12:21 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: From your respiration, it does look like you are dreaming, routinely. This is a good sign.

QAL, I'm curious what you're seeing in respiration that looks like dreaming. Could you explain?
Thanks.

Yeah, I knew I would eventually get caught, and have to explain. I usually stay in the shadows, mostly asking if you remember dreaming instead of pronouncing that I can detect it.

do an internet search on "NIH phasic REM sleep tidal volume".

My guess is that you are REM sleeping generally coupled with dreaming when the tidal volume is reduced about 15-20% of the median TV. Especially if I see respiration is erratic (and above the median resp.), and minus flow limitations and apneas if you are lucky.

empirical data from my own plots and journaling my own remembered dreams, this correlates to the above - only one occurrence when I was sure I dreamed, but no sign of phasic REM sleep. I chronicled over 50 instances in my first 2 months.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2015, 03:07 PM)quiescence at last Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 01:59 PM)Elizabeth25 Wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, I knew I would eventually get caught, and have to explain. I usually stay in the shadows, mostly asking if you remember dreaming instead of pronouncing that I can detect it.

do an internet search on "NIH phasic REM sleep tidal volume".

My guess is that you are REM sleeping generally coupled with dreaming when the tidal volume is reduced about 15-20% of the median TV. Especially if I see respiration is erratic (and above the median resp.), and minus flow limitations and apneas if you are lucky.
empirical data from my own plots and journaling my own remembered dreams, this correlates to the above - only one occurrence when I was sure I dreamed, but no sign of phasic REM sleep. I chronicled over 50 instances in my first 2 months.
QAL

Wow. That is beyond me for now. [I'm still trying to understand what Sleepyhead is trying to tell me!] After 4 months of cpap I'm still not recalling any dreams.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2015, 12:42 PM)quiescence at last Wrote:
Quote: the machine was at 0 cm/H2O for a significant part of the night

the Yaxis was set at 8.00 min, so probably you thought you saw 0 instead of 8.

You are right. Old eyes, I guess.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hate to say it, but this is what you get when insurance companies try to get by on the cheap. If you want to know what is going on with your sleep on CPAP, you need to be STUDIED on your current CPAP settings. Even without an elevated AHI, you could still be having a lot of EEG arousals, which fragment your sleep and leave you feeling fatigued the next day. A good tech doing a good titration will beat the CRAP out of an autotitrator, any day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,632 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 85 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,481 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.