Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using AirSense 10 without water
Using AirSense 10 without water
Greetings from a new user. I have a question regarding using a Resmed AirSense 10 without water. I'll be traveling for about a week and don't know if I'll be able to find distilled water with all the shortages. Is it possible to still use the heat or temperature setting with my climate line hose if I switch off the humidity with no water? That way at least I'll have heated air. I sure don't want to damage my machine. Thanks! I appreciate all of the great information on this forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using AirSense 10 without water
Just use tap water! You and the machine will be just fine. Neither of you will know the difference.  Cool

Just empty the water chamber each morning and wipe dry. I have the same machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or you could pick up some bottled drinking water.  Then plain stuff with no electrolytes or minerals added.  It doesn't have to be distilled.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK great! Thanks guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using Zero Water, and it's been working better for me than distilled water.  Could you pack along a small Zero Water filter, then you can just filter the tap water where you are?
Post Reply Post Reply
I might look for a Zero water. No time to get a filter, I leave early tomorrow morning but I'll only be gone about a week. Kind of an emergency trip. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used tap water at hotels, motels and lodges across the country and never had a problem. If the water was ever really questionable, just a bottle of drinking water. I use tap water at home, and Zero Water at the cottage where we have a well with TDS over 200. The Zero water actually reduces it to zero solids.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I've got to find some of the Zero water! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,079 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 148 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 187 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,921 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,503 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 207 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 239 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.