Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using CPAP when you're sick?
RE: Using CPAP when you're sick?
When I have had an actual sinus illness (not allergy), I have three times in a row experienced a sinus/throat/tonsil infection that turned into deep stubborn bronchitis, which never happened to me before i had the bipap. Since experiencing this, I DO NOT USE my bipap when I am ill with upper respiratory illness. I think it's a good idea for posters to share their own experience but not tell others what's best for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing that keeps me from using mine is a lack of power. I stuck with it thru colds and bronchitis. I have to say that I have been way less susceptible to all virus and bacteria infections since beginning cpap. This was a concern of mine as well, since I have a diagnosed immune system defect.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Pita, if you are experiencing this issue, I'd discuss this with your ENT or GP. It is odd that your bilevel caused your head issue to turn into a bronchial issue. Almost always it is the opposite. Between the humidity level and the sleep quality, we typically recover just like "normal" people. Sometimes even better!

If you have had your equipment for a while, say longer than 6mos, I suggest you change out the hose and perhaps the humidifier tank. Especially if you are having the head infections often.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 330 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 549 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Cpap made me sick? koy23 5 911 12-21-2021, 03:08 PM
Last Post: koy23
Gross CPAP Made me well - sick. Asthma.Acne.Etc. dbw45 11 2,018 02-10-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: booksfan
  I keep getting sick jteetie 21 2,781 10-22-2019, 10:53 AM
Last Post: walkingdead
  Trouble tolerating CPAP while sick (cough, congestion, nose bleeds) ColoradoMom 12 2,891 01-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Sad [CPAP] Started Using Humidifier On CPAP Machine, Instantly Got Sick BDP87 10 2,756 07-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.