Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine
Anyone have any tips to make this work. I saw some folks were using this so I bought one but a lack of any walkthrough have left me befuddled on making it do anything. I put it in one of my PCs to get it set up but then get lost. Regardless, it never finds wi-fi or shows up in any list.
Is there any docs around that will walk me through the setup process one step at a time?
==============
Do this.
Then do this
Check this box
Restart this
etc, etc
==============
Thanks.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine
Check the Private Files and Links Forum.  Look for FlashPap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2018, 12:14 AM)courtney123 Wrote: Anyone have any tips to make this work. I saw some folks were using this so I bought one but a lack of any walkthrough have left me befuddled on making it do anything. I put it in one of my PCs to get it set up but then get lost. Regardless, it never finds wi-fi or shows up in any list.
Is there any docs around that will walk me through the setup process one step at a time?
==============
Do this.
Then do this
Check this box
Restart this
etc, etc
==============
Thanks.

Hang tight.  There are a couple guys here with the knowledge/ability to help you through it. (Not me)  It is a confusing process for those of us who are not computer wizards but it is do-able with a little coaching.  End results are great but the trail getting there is usually rough!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I did find a semi-walkthrough but it wasn't well written and got more convoluted as it went along.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a list of items that will help in getting you setup.
  1. We need to know the operating system you're using (Windows, OS-X, Linux).  
  2. The IP address range of your network.  
  3. The DHCP assignment range.  This is found on your router setup menus.
  4. Is your wireless access point/router set, or is able, to use the 2.4Ghz frequency?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are plenty of posts that detail the config of a flashair, not to mention a complete walk-through on setting it up.

If you are going to use the Flashair, you should know how to use it and program it. The site with all the information on how to setup a flashair is here: https://www.flashair-developers.com/en/documents/api/

Tips:
You must have Flashair version W-03 or higher.
FlashAir at this time *only* supports 802.11 b/g/n with WEP, TKIP, AES (WPA, WPA2) WPA2 Default. It is 2.4Ghz only and will not work on 5Ghz.
Your Flashair must be within 40 feet of your wifi router. The Antenna on the card is super tiny and does not have the range.

Put the following in your CONFIG file, which is saved in the SD_WLAN folder on your Flashair. (Folder is hidden by default) If it is not in this folder, or if windows tacked on ".txt" to the name of the file it will not work. Have to just be named CONFIG. It helps to set your folder view options to show file name extensions and view hidden items. SD_WLAN is a hidden folder by default.

APPMODE=5
APPNAME=Flashair
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=set Your wifi SSID
APPNETWORKKEY=set your wifi password and note that after you set it, it will appear as ***** after.
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0

Once saved, remove and replace the card. Wait 30 seconds and check your wifi for connected devices. You're looking for the MAC address of your flashair card.

Once you can ping it, you are good to set up FlashPap or Sleep Master.

We're here to help, so if you are still having issues. please post the CONFIG file located in your SD_WLAN folder and we'll see what's up. :-)
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2018, 10:22 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Here is a list of items that will help in getting you setup.
  1. We need to know the operating system you're using (Windows, OS-X, Linux).  
  2. The IP address range of your network.  
  3. The DHCP assignment range.  This is found on your router setup menus.
  4. Is your wireless access point/router set, or is able, to use the 2.4Ghz frequency?

Windows 10 on an Alienware Area 51

IP Address range:
10.0.1.1 - 10.0.1.254

DHCP
IP Address: 72.130.172.149
Submask: 255.255.240.0

Yes, dual frequency.

Thanks for the help.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that. I did find a text file with somewhat the same information but this is much more clear.
I'll try it again.

One question.
The CONFIG file is saved as "CONFIG" - with no extension, correct?
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2018, 08:43 PM)courtney123 Wrote: One question.
The CONFIG file is saved as "CONFIG" - with no extension, correct?
You are correct.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Unsure
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 610 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,029 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,453 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 629 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 537 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 784 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 489 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.