Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine
RE: Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine
If you are using DHCP, the contents of your CONFIG file should be at least this:

[Vendor]
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=MyFlashAir
APPSSID=YourSSID
APPNETWORKKEY=YourWIFI-PASSWORD
CID=02544d53573038470750002a0200c201
LOCK=1
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are not using DHCP, you need a add a few more lines in addition to above. The complete CONFIG without DHCP:

[WLANSD]
DHCP_Enabled=No
IP_Address=192.168.0.1
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=192.168.0.254

[Vendor]
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=MyFlashAir
APPSSID=YourSSID
APPNETWORKKEY=YourWIFI-PASSWORD
CID=02544d53573038470750002a0200c201
LOCK=1
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0

You need to insert your own information under
IP_Address= insert the IP you want your FlashAir SD card to have.
Subnet_Mask= In most cases your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 but if different, insert there.
Default_Gateway= Insert your wifi router IP here. although you don't really need it. It will not be routing traffic anywhere unless you set it up as an AP or Pass-thru.

Hope that helps.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I have read your instructions and the WIKI "Setup: Wireless SD Cared DataTranssfer to SleepyHead Software."    Step A. - Preparing Wireless Card went well.   The IP is 192.168.1.59; and FlashAir card is readable from Chrome Browser.  The FlashAir card has been configured and shows up on the LAN oikay.

However, I am lost in the WiKi on step B.  JAVA has been downloaded and installed.  Flashpap was downloaded andinstalled with FlashPap.jar on the Desktop with the Java icon showing.  It is at STEP B.2. where I am running into trouble.   It reads "OPEN FlashPAP.   <<<===  with what - what steps are needed.  Where is the excuteable?   ... or what JAVA...EXE file is required.   Obviously FlashPap.jar is not executing.

Thanks for your help on this as I am hung-up on stesp 2.B.

clif
Post Reply Post Reply
Java executables are ".jar" files. The command line for a Java file is java -jar path/java filename.  In the case of FlashPAP, if you have it installed in a directory named "FlashPAP" off of your C:\ drive, the command line would be java -jar C:\flashpap\flashpap.jar.  Windows directories and commands are case insensitive.  Linux, Unix, and Mac (OSX) are case sensitive, so yo would have to match the exact directory and filename with them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you [b]Crimson Nape[/b]  that is the information I needed - the missing clue.   All is now working well.   Again, thanks!  c! / clif
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not know if this is still an active post,  but look at https://www.cognitial.com/software-apps/.../flashpap/
I use this and it is supper easy and works well with sleepyhead and my S9 autopap.  I use it with a Toshiba FlashAir W-04 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card from amazon for $32.00

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.   I got it working opnce I was pointed in the right direction with the JAVA script.   I have not had reason to work with JAVA scripts heretofore so I need the missing pieces to put everything together.

I have a Toshiba Flash Air 16gb.    A 2gb SD card came with my ResMed machine and that held 2 years of data so the 16gb will be good for another 6 or 7 years.    The Flash Air is a pretty neat little gadget.

That brings a thought to mind, a parallel type device using BlueTooth could be handy also.  WiFi works fine - I have two WiFi routers covering the whole house and signal level hasn't been a problem with the Flash Air.

Thanks   c! / Clif
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a w-03 Toshiba FlashAir chip (arrived and installed early March 2019).  It was working fine (using FlashPAP) for about a month and then recently has become erratic when using the FlashPAP utility to download to my Win7 computer.  I have changed nothing in its setup, software and/or hardware -- until the problems began.  It is about 20 feet from my computer.  It usually completes downloading maybe 20% to 60%, stops and then tells me to remove and then reinsert the card into the CPAP -- which frequently resolves the problem -- but not always.  I have tried inserting the FlashAir chip into my SD extender cable but that makes no difference (I think I remember another posting saying that might help).  I have inserted the FlashAir chip into my computer and then used the FlashPAP utility to download the data to my computer -- this seems to work OK but defeats the purpose of the FlashAir system (I might as well go back to physically carrying my SD chip from the CPAP to my computer).

I have rebooted my router a few times, changed the router's radio power level from 100% to 20% and then to 10% (it was originally at 20% when I installed the FlashAir / FlashPAP system and then mysteriously changed to 100%).  They physical locations of the CPAP, router and my Win7 computer have not changed.  None of these changes has made any difference -- it is still erratic.

Here's my 'config' file (Win7 operating system):

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNETWORKKEY=XXXXX
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.01
CID=02544d535731364740d6fd3179011201
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPNAME=FlashAir
APPSSID=XXXXX
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=2

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you!
Carl/Tubaman
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
It is the Flash Air distance and position from the router that counts more for the FA SD card than the distance the the FA SD card is from your computer.   As a test, if you can, try repositioning the FA SD card close or closer to the router to see if that changes the situation.   This would tend to prove-out it is a WiFi signal issue.

Once you have tested that - then you can start working on other factors.   You may have unknowing acquired interference on the WiFi channel you are using either from adjacent WiFi signals from other routers or from other electrical devices in the environment.

If your test shows a WiFi signal problem consider changing the channel your WiFi is using - there are 14 available so a move to a different channel could help.  That is a change internal to the router, not to the FA WiFi card.

Others may have more concrete ideas; but that is where I'd start to find a solution.   Best of luck!    c! / Clif
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
My computer (desktop) and router are about 2.5 feet apart, the router being almost directly above the computer (just measured with a tape measure) so I don't think that could be the problem.  I live in a residential section of a small 'city' and there are several other routers in the area, mostly very weak signals, however.

I shall try using another channel on the router (if I can figure out how to do it) since I'm having trouble downloading this morning's data (two downloads.  I download to my computer and to a spare 16 gb SD chip for backup).  This morning it completed the computer OK but hangs on the SD chip -- multiple times.  I've done the chip frequently (not always every day) simply by changing the FlashPAP destination from E:\SLEEPDATA to K:\ (I have two permanent drives in my computer C:\ and E:\ -- the chip loads on assigned drive K:\ ).  Since it's Win7 the SD chip remains unchanged by the computer unless I make changes myself so I can leave the write protect tab turned off with no problems.

Thank you!
Carl / Tubaman
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 740 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,688 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,549 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 681 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 597 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 827 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 512 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.