Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine
RE: Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine
I am having problem trying to connect to my Resmed Aircurve 10 vAuto after a thunderstorm!
The NBN modem was damaged and replaced and since then I am having problem connecting to it!

The [CONFIG] file:
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNETWORKKEY=****************
APPNAME=SLEEPDATA
APPSSID=Gary's Wi-Fi Network
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=2
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.02
CID=02544d535731364740d7247479011301
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA

When I try to connect the Aircurve 10 with FlashPAP, and scan for the network, the IP address 192.168.0.1 comes up before I even starts scanning for the card?
I suspect the transmitter in the card is damaged by power spike, and how can I verify this before order a new one? 

Post Reply Post Reply
First the address in the image looks like a router/firewall address.  The FlashAir will boot a lot faster than the router and only broadcasts it's existence once during boot.  If your router/access point isn't fully booted and online, it will never know about the FlashAir.

I HIGHLY recommend that you assign a static IP to the FlashAir.    Since a dynamic IP can change, trying to find your card can be a real adventure.  Also, to make sure your FlashAir is working, you can enter its IP in a web browser.  If it's connected to your network, it will display its directory structure.

A final thought; By any chance did you edit the SD_WLAN/CONFIG file?  If you saved it with the asterisks (*) in the password variable(APPNETWORKKEY), it will save it as "******" and not the real password.  Each time you edit this file you must replace the asterisks with the real password.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree about the static address except my router uses "reserved" which is essentially (in theory) the same.

Put it in the cardreader of your PC. Does the PC see it? Can you access the files on it? - card is most likely good
Run a check disk on it. Before you do, compare the files on it to the files you've already downloaded and copy over any that aren't on your PC.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for your quick response!
I try to set up the W-03 FlashAir with Static IP, can you please do a walk through on how to do it!
Where do you find out the IP address of the SD card? 
I have an access point near the Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto, and I can only see the IP address of it 
but not the card?
I just did a reset of the card with FlashAirTool, and when I make changes to [CONFIG] in SD_WDLAN, 
do I save it as a text file using Notepad?
Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Post Reply Post Reply
Setting a static IP can be a little detailed if you are not an experienced user.  PaulaO2's idea is a very good one.   Since each router manufacturer's options and layout is different, I am going to describe the steps in a general idea fashion.  

To perform an IP reservation, you will need to enter the configuration of the device that issues out IP addresses.   Generally under an advanced menu tab, there should be something along the lines of, "Administration→Attached Devices". Entering this option should present you with a listing of all the devices connected, or at least the devices that have been issued an IP address.  You should be able to see the FlashAir along with its current IP in the listing.  Select this listing and look for an option to either "Reserve the current IP to the MAC address" or "Add a static mapping to this MAC address".   Doing it this way will allow the router always use that IP for the FlashAir.  You can then use the IP address in your web browser, FlashPAP, or Sleep Master to access the card.

If by chance you don't see the FlashAir in the listing, remove the FlashAir and reinsert it back in the card slot.  After about a minute, refresh the router's listings and it should appear.  The card slot can be on the CPAP or in your computer's SD card slot.  It just needs to be under power to activate its Wi-Fi capability.

Holler if you need any more help.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update - If you wish to assign a static IP:
After seeing your last image, your router is using a 192.168.0.x network.  The router should be the 192.168.0.1.  Based off of this number your SD_WLAN/CONFIG file would look something like this:

IP_Address=192.168.0.An unused IP number from 2 to 254
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
DNSMODE=1
APPMODE=5
STA_RETRY_CT=0
NOISE_CANCEL=1
APPNETWORKKEY=Your Password Goes Here
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
PRODUCT=FlashAir
DHCP_Enabled=NO
APPNAME=SLEEPDATA
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1\:/BCONFIG
APPSSID=Gary's Wi-Fi Network
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
UPLOAD=1
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I have reset my Modem and the Router and put the FlashAir in the card slot of my PC.
I have attached a screen shot of the wifi network, but how can I find the IP address of the FlashAir connection?
When I click connect to the FlashAir, a dialogue box and ask for network security key? What is this? I haven't
set the password for the FlashAir card!

Post Reply Post Reply
I Google for FlashAir password, and the default is 12345678!
After I connect to the FlashAir, but there is no IP address listed!

Post Reply Post Reply
I modify the [CONFIG] as you provided and selected an unused IP address and enter the password for the 
Gary's Wifi Network.
Guess what! When I put the FlashAir back into the Resmed, and check with FlashPap on my PC, I can now 
detect the card. 
Do I have to do anything else to reserve the IP address?

This forum have a bunch of very knowledgeable people, they are doing great work to help out people like me!
Thanks you very much!
Smile Smile Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
If you entered a number for the 192.168.0.x network in the CONFIG file, then your good to go. You have manually reserved that address. This is known as a static IP. When your router assigns one, it is known a dynamic IP.

If you want to make sure it is connected, go to your browser and enter the FlashAir's IP in the address bar.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 670 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,253 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,966 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 645 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 555 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 797 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 495 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.