Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using Ramp
Using Ramp
Leaks were under control, not sleeping on my back and still getting an AHI just under 5. Then I tried the ramp feature. Do my mask fit, then stop machine, take mask off and adjust the straps so they are evenly tight at each side, and then I used the ramp feature. Firat night AHI was 3.0, last night 2.3.

COINCIDENCE OR ALIENS?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using Ramp
Hi readyforsleep,
I guess you'll see as you look through the data over time.
Hopefully that will keep working for you.
Hang in there for more responses.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
During the ramp time, the machine does not take note of any events that happen. So if the ramp lasts longer than it took you to go to sleep, and if events happened during that time period, then yes, your AHI was lower.

And one night does not make a trend.

Take a look at SleepyHead's data and see what your average time is for you to fall asleep. You'll have to eyeball it and guestimate. Don't set the ramp time for any longer than that or for longer than the shortest time it took you to fall asleep.

Then leave it alone and gather data for at least ten nights. By that point, you'll have enough data to form a basic trend for you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
There isn't that big a difference between "just under 5" and 3. It could be just a coincidence. The ramp feature may help you fall asleep, but it doesn't actually improve your therapy directly. One possibility is that if it was taking you longer to fall asleep without the ramp, your breathing pattern while awake may have caused the machine to register some events - when you look at the Sleepyhead data from before, were any of the events clustered around the time you might have been still awake?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2014, 06:59 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: COINCIDENCE OR ALIENS?
Unlike PR machines, the S9 AutoSet does not score events or respond to events during Ramp period

Too much of a coincidence, I say aliens ... get some tin foil asap

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, got the foil - everything back to normal. How do these aliens get into my
machine???

hope they visit again soon.....
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 06:48 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Zonk, got the foil - everything back to normal. How do these aliens get into my
machine???

Resmed puts them in there during manufacture. Dielaughing

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2014, 08:57 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(07-28-2014, 06:48 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Zonk, got the foil - everything back to normal. How do these aliens get into my
machine???

Resmed puts them in there during manufacture. Dielaughing

Good one. That's why the S9 is so expensive...Laugh-a-lot
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I just leave the ramp off. I spend a minute or two adapting to the start pressure and I'm good to go.
I can't even tolerate pressures below about 7 anymore. I don't get enough airflow through the mask to get rid of the stuffy-ness.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 399 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 599 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,192 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
  Ramp Time JeffL 4 606 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Machine noise during ramp-up. rfkennard 0 410 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: rfkennard
  Reverse ramp feature? McPhearson99 9 971 01-01-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Does machine kick In if you have apnea during ramp time Scott12579 4 1,056 08-21-2022, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.