Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different
RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different
Rather than use the Overview tab on Sleepyhead, try the Statistic tab. It summarizes the AHI, pressure and other data for 1-day, 7-day, 30-day, 6-months and 1-year. The Overview charts are not a very reliable way of averaging data in my experience. The daily detail data statistics should be exactly the same as ResScan. I'm not aware of a reporting function in Sleepyhead that easily compiles statistics for a 90 day period.

Sleepyhead is accurate in reporting AHI on a daily basis, and the statistics are accurate for the periods available, but if I need to print a compliance report, I'm going to use ResScan.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to attached a screenshot of the statistics tab but it puts me over the 512 kb limit.  However, it show’s the same issue of very low AHIs.

I also changed the setting from Standard to Monthly on the statistics tab and again no effect.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed the Ignore Short Sessions bar from Off to 5 minutes to 90 minutes and it changed the AHI numbers slightly but it did not change the issue of very low AHI data in SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your sleepy head summaries suggest you only have detailed data for the last 7days. Sleepy head has a bug that miscalculates ahi if there is no detailed data. I think sounds like you are hitting that bug, compare your 7day summary with rescan and the data should be comparable ?
Post Reply Post Reply
My daily AHI et al is virtually the same for ReScan and SleepyHead for every day from 12/9 on and they do not match for 12/8 and back.  

On the SleepyHead screen there are five tabs: Welcome, Statistics, Daily, Overview, and Help Browser.  When I go to the Daily tab, there are many graphs for every day back through 12/9 and no graphs for 12/8 and older.  This is 7 days with graphs.  I’ll find out tomorrow if 12/9 disappears or if it’s just the data from 12/8 and older that’s the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
The detailed data with graphs is only written if there is an sd card in the machine. Ah just looked at your machine and see you have an S9 variant they only store 7days of detailed data on the sd card olderdata is deleted. Now you have the detailed data in sleepyhead it won’t disappear. But you need to make sure you download your data at least every 7 days or you will loose the oldest detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
It never occurred to me that the CPAP machine might be deleting data.  I just looked at the DataLog folder on the SD card and it only goes back to 12/10/17.  

I have an S9 VPAP Auto.  I wonder if there is a way to prevent it from deleting data? (I always lock the SD card before putting it into a computer.)
Post Reply Post Reply
SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat. For that reason it is recommended to have a dedicated directory on your PC for the sole purpose archiving the card's data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m so worried about hard drive crashes that I keep multiple back-ups.  I don’t don’t why it never occurred to me to back-up my SD card.  Thanks for the reminder.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 143 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Rescan software v 5.9 SteveC 7 993 09-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  RESCAN V7.0 MAULE-N9008E 8 2,665 10-13-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: JT60
  Rescan V7 download issue newmember 1 1,064 07-21-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Rescan Data export for provider OldYamaha 13 1,336 10-08-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Rescan 5.9 Fran 7 1,098 05-21-2021, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Fran
  OSCAR vs Rescan drmaestro 2 1,865 05-19-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.