Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto as a Cpap machine?
Using a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto as a Cpap machine?
I have a question for my friend's husband.

Early in 2019 he was diagnosed with sleep apnea using a home sleep study. He got a Cpap machine but couldn't get used to it and returned the machine.

I started with an AirCurve 10 VAuto but needed to upgrade to an AVAPS. I bought an AirCurve 10 VAuto on Craigslist before I was upgraded to my current machine. 

He is at a place where he wants to try to use a machine again. He is currently in process of getting the sleep study results from his doctor. 

I told him that I have the AirCurve and I know that it can be set to Cpap settings. 

Question:  If the AirCurve settings are switched to CPAP with his pressure settings from the sleep study, is using the machine this way exactly the same as if he were using an AirSense? Or is he better off trying to get an actual Cpap machine?

He wants to try under the radar basically so there is no pressure to use the machine for a certain amount of hours to meet insurance requirements as he is getting started again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto as a Cpap machine?
The Aircurve 10 Vauto is perhaps the best choice for treating obstructive sleep apnea, with more controls and pressure support that contribute to both efficacy and comfort. In a perfect world, everyone would be issued this instead of CPAP, but insurance companies will persist in requiring the cheapest "effective" and medically necessary therapy to be dispensed. We can probably help advise on settings based on your friend's previous CPAP experience.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto as a Cpap machine?
Thanks, they made the call to the doctor's office and the results are going to be mailed to them. We'll post again after he receives the results. In the meantime, I'll try to get the machine to him.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 407 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 852 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 300 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 555 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.