Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using a SoClean adaptor for Oxygen
Using a SoClean adaptor for Oxygen
I have not had success finding a heated tube with an oxygen port  for my Dreamstation however a SoClean adaptor looks like it will solve the problem. Before ordering I wanted to see if anyone here has used this adaptor before and if there is anything in particular That I need to know about it.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using a SoClean adaptor for Oxygen
I don't know about the SoClean adapter, but here is a Youtube video that shows that there is an adapter for oxygen bleed in for the heated hose. 
The guy says there are links to be able to order the items he is using. 

Hope this helps. 

https://youtu.be/HQL2me_2wgM
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm unfamiliar with anything SoClean, but you can find Oxygen adapters on Amazon or at most any supplier on the list above.  

Supplier #1 has the adapter for $5.00.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use a heated tube with your Dreamstation, the oxygen bleed adapter can be inserted between the mask and the tube. If the tube is not heated it will fit at the humidifier outlet. Resmed makes the Climateline Oxy heated tube which has an integrated oxygen bleed port, but I have not seen one for Philips.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
search Amazon for "cpap O2 connection"
Post Reply Post Reply
Upsman posted this video above that actually explains the placement of the adapter
very well, and he uses the DreamStation as an example in the video with regular hose and heated hose.

https://youtu.be/HQL2me_2wgM
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you and everyone for helping .
Perhaps I didn't explain too well in my OP and for that I apologize. 
I would like to avoid using the methods suggested and also shown in that YouTube video because these connections leave me with an additional length of O2 tubing that has to run parallel to my air tube and somehow secured so as to avoid tangling.

A SoClean adaptor however (available on Amazon) provides for a clean and professional looking connection as seen in this picture 

i was just wondering if anyone here has used it before and can comment on it as it looks like the perfect solution in that it helps deliver O2 when connected to an O2 concentrator instead of being connected to an Ozone generator.
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming you are using a heated tube, that is the only option I am aware of for connection at the humidifier on a Philips machine. As I said before, the Resmed Climateline Oxy does this without additional parts. I am aware of a thread on this in the CPAP talk forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 668 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 916 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 524 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 417 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.