Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using an APAP machine without sleep study
Using an APAP machine without sleep study
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a machine for my father as he frequently falls asleep no matter what time it is in the day and the situation that he is in.

As the town doesn't really have access to a sleep clinic and he loathes long drives, I am thinking of getting him an APAP machine and start with some reasonably conservative settings (at least as a trial) when I visit him from interstate next month.

I am currently trialling an APAP machine and noticed that the sleep clinic just had the device set to 4-20cmH2O. I am thinking of doing something similar to let the machine to identify an appropriate pressure level and go from there.

Any tips on how to get an APAP to work when accessing a sleep clinic is difficult? or is it a big no-no? I am really new to this so would appreciate your feedback. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using an APAP machine without sleep study
Self titration is no problem as long as you have access to the data. For starters, rear the Optimizing Therapy wiki, then ask any questions you have. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy

I see you are using a 9B Luna, but if you can swing a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, you will have better data and faster response and a bilevel option in the exhale pressure relief. We can point you to some suppliers that ship to AUS at prices that might surprise you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.