Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacement advice - Resmed 10 or 11?
RE: Replacement advice - Resmed 10 or 11?
I replaced my 10 with an 11. Imo..

Pros of the 10
Larger water chamber. I have to set the 11 chamber on a flat level surface to fully fill and that's barely enough water for a night.
I like the 10 bag better. The 11 bag has less extra space and the diagrams of how to pack it are obscured when you're in the process of packing.
Support of the 11 by ResMed had been weak. Over a year in and the ResMed battery guide hasn't been updated and they don't have a 12v battery conversion solution. The power coupling is nearly identical to the airmini except for one corner. Obviously to keep us from using the same backup battery equipment for multiple cpaps. Meanwhile Medistrom et al are selling solutions so it can be done. Filters and supplies have been scarce and overpriced for the 11. Was the miniscule change in the size of the filter from the 10 even worth it? Planned obsolescence at its best.

Pros of the 11
Less power required. 65w vs 95 iirc. If they ever bother to update the battery guide I expect the 11 will require fewer Ah backup power when the lights go out.
Smaller profile and lighter for travel packing. Lower profile on the bedside table. Though I kind of liked the Darth Vader look of the 10..
The 11 does include the For Her algorithm. Mine is set on Auto and I have no idea what decisions it's making. I get low AHI with either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bubba, good info on the battery usage. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a Resmed s9, s10 and now a S11. I hate the S11 tank. You will be filling it everyday and it is almost impossible to fill without some water on your table. That is because the bottom half of the tank is so shallow that the slightest water "waves" from even a careful pour goes over the side. I hate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the pilot 24 Lite battery which you can order with Airsense 10 compatability you can purchase the cable kit below. It is made by medistrom, the battery maker and allows you to reuse the same battery you have purchased for the airsense 10 on an airsense 11. Search on the web for your favourite vendor.

ResMed AirSense 11 Cable Kit for Medistrom Pilot-24 Lite
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Excellent comparison.

Much appreciated.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2022, 11:07 PM)sansnap Wrote: I have an aging Resmed Airsense Autoset10 (for her) that is getting noisy and it's due for replacement. I also have a regular Resmed 10 (not for her) that has very few hours on it but is about the same age.  I got it as a travel backup and use it on the road.  My coverage will pay (mostly) for a replacement of the noisy machine and my DME has the ResMed 11 as a replacement.  

It appears to be possible to get a ResMed 10 (Card to cloud version) instead. Which one should would you choose?

Reading the card is not a concern and in fact, the data connection on these older machines was never fully set up - I always took the card into my DRs office when to be read/noted annually (also routinely read them myself).

Any thoughts about the 10 vs the 11?

Why not just replace the Blower Motor, but if your Insurance is covering it then I would go for the AS10 again as the AS11 is now getting more & more not so good reviews from users.

Issues:
1. Water tank running dry
2. Water tank leaking
2. Louder Blower noise
3. Smaller Blower then that in the AS10 (technically less flow rate)

John vk3hjq  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2022, 12:06 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: The Air 10 DC-DC converter will not work with the Air 11. Different input connectors.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
vk3hjq, I was a little reluctant to believe this would work because of the difference in plugs also.
Until I went to Amazon and looked at the video from a reviewer.

This is what you need to buy. 

ResMed AirSense 11 Cable Kit for Medistrom Pilot-24 Lite
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input. I finally got a card to cloud 10. The deal breaker was the converter/battery/camping issue and so far I am pleased.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to say a little more about the Resmed S11 water tank. The tank requires filling every day because it is so small and I live in a relatively humid coastal climate using auto climate control and a tube temperature of 78. The S11 instructions say to empty and clean the tank every day whereas the S10 instructions are for a weekly clean. There is also a new part in the S11 airway from the tank to the air tube that you are supposed to clean weekly. Could it be that a smaller machine needs more maintenance to keep it germ free? The S11 is quiet and works very well. But, the S10 is also a wonderful machine and I do not experience any difference in sleeping with either machine. Also, the difference in size and weight is minimal in practical use or travel. The only upside to the S11 is the Climateline tube does not have the 90 degree connector so it is easier to clean. As another downside S11 uses a proprietory electrical connector which makes it harder to adapt to most backup or portable power supplies. Overall, I wish I had another S10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 134 20,390 3 hours ago
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 106 Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,047 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 96 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 197 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 255 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,608 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.