Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using cpap with nasal mask now so...
Using cpap with nasal mask now so...
Using for a week now. Cant tell much difference really. Am i supposed to feel great or something. ? Thought it would make a huge difference..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using cpap with nasal mask now so...
Hi cheesedips,
CPAP therapy can take a while before you notice improvements. Give it time, it's only been a week.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and keep on going, it does get better.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2014, 07:39 PM)cheesedips Wrote: Using for a week now. Cant tell much difference really. Am i supposed to feel great or something. ? Thought it would make a huge difference..
CPAP is not a miracle worker, it can take some time acclimatizing and few things get sorted out before you feel any difference ... patience and being proactive is the key

Your user profile does not show the machine that you,re using, with the right machine, you can troubleshoot problems

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2014, 07:39 PM)cheesedips Wrote: Using for a week now. Cant tell much difference really. Am i supposed to feel great or something. ? Thought it would make a huge difference..

You should give some more information.

Such as, the type of machine you are using, the type of mask, what type of Sleep Apnea you may have, how you were feeling before you began, what are your expectations today and if there are any differences yet at all, what might they be?

The post really doesn't give any information other than to suggest you aren't very happy which suggests to me you might be looking for an excuse to quit.
Hope not but there are people that don't really want to have sleep apnea for no other reason than just wanting some reason to deny it to themselves.

Hopefully for your sake thats not the case with you and you aren't looking for a reason to give up...........Its also become human nature with many of us born in the past 60 years or so to expect automatic results, whether it be a quick fix and/or a quick high and if one doesn't achieve either, it becomes easier, they believe, incorrectly though to simply give it up and move on to something else.

Try and tell people here whats going on with you and there are many here with years of experience ( Not I) that can help you..
Hopefully you are still here and at it.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Get ready for the barrage of questions, not sure what you were looking for but that is what you will get. Most people here are working hard to make it work and help others make it work so we / they are a little defensive. Because it does work. So many variables involved that really do matter and people can help you with. In my case I wasn't and didn't feel great. But I wasn't falling asleep at the wheel or sitting in a chair. I wasn't getting up to pee with my heart pounding after fighting to sleep. I hope you find the reasons and inspirations to keep going. Information is KING and that is what you will find if you look hard enough.
Good Luck
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine may be able to give you some more information on whether the therapy is working, or about what's wrong if it's not, depending on what machine you were given.

What does the labeling on top of your machine say?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

That depends on how horrible you were before and how well it's working for you. I tried a machine for a night, and never gave it back. There was such a huge difference, that sleeping without it filled me with dread.

It's also entirely possible that it's not working right. You could call your doc, tell him you're not feeling much different and ask him to take a look at your data.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
Acf, I split your posts (and Herb's response) off into your own thread. That way you get the attention you deserve and it doesn't get lost in this one.

You can find it here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ter-a-week
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,078 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.