Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using heated coil or not in Summer?
Using heated coil or not in Summer?
Just wondered if it is necessary to use the heated coil in Summer with Resmed 9S with humidifier? It may be the only one that fits the humidifier...I don't know.

Thanks
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using heated coil or not in Summer?
Coil? The tube?

Nah. most of the time in the old days, I wouldn't even run the humidifier in the summer. No need really.

Last night turned off the PR System One humidity as it was making breating harder (mugg, warm air) and sleeping difficult.

Respironics makes an unheated slim line tube, but the tubes are all generic. You can get anybody's tube and use it (unheated tube). If you go to a larger diameter tube, you can change the machine settings back to the standard 22 mm tube rather than the slim line 15 mm.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hilobarbie,
I use my ClimateLine tube and humidifier year-round.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm planning on using mine year round.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comments. Yes....I meant tube but was thinking about the coiled heating element in the tube..sorry about lack of clarity. Okay, now I have another question. I'm going to Florida and was thinking about not taking the humidifier so, I just looked on the back of the CPAP portion of the unit and I don't see an outlet to attach the tube. I'm sure there has to be one hidden from sight, but do any Resmed S9 users know where it is located?

Barbara
Post Reply Post Reply
Remove the water chamber. The release latch is on the back (hose outlet side) of the H5i near the intersection of the H5i and the blower unit Press the release and pull apart. The blower has a 22mm tube that can either mate with the H5i or to a 22mm hose.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2015, 11:17 PM)justMongo Wrote: Remove the water chamber. The release latch is on the back (hose outlet side) of the H5i near the intersection of the H5i and the blower unit Press the release and pull apart. The blower has a 22mm tube that can either mate with the H5i or to a 22mm hose.

I was just getting ready to post that I bet it would be between the two units. If I'd just thought it through, it would have been obvious. Thank you so much for your reply.
Barbara
Post Reply Post Reply
I plan on using heated hose this summer, probably on the lowest setting just to take the chill off.
I know with air conditioning running, the air through my nasal pillows would feel too cold.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont think that the heated coils will come on if the air is already the temp you have set - but time will tell Smile I have not used cpap over a summer yet!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 07:07 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I plan on using heated hose this summer, probably on the lowest setting just to take the chill off.
I know with air conditioning running, the air through my nasal pillows would feel too cold.
OpalRose

My machine lets me set the air temperature in the hose. It can't possibly do that unless it can sense that temperature. That means it must have a thermostat. Just like heating your house the heating unit is not going to come on unless the air temperature is below the thermostat setting. Nor is setting the thermostat setting down going to make any difference unless there is a cooling unit along with the warming coil on the tube. If you set the thermostat to below the ambient temperature the air in the hose will still be at ambient temperature.

My conclusion is that this is a non problem.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Heated hose setting Uzupan 15 4,095 09-21-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.