Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using the Medistrom pilot 24
Using the Medistrom pilot 24

So I am posting more out of frustration than anything else. Recently I had to do some searches to find a Cpap battery or buy a portable Cpap.
When looking for information I came across people asking about the Medistrom Pilot 24 and instead of getting a yeah it works great or no its terrible instead I read page after page of people arguing math equations and not one of them had tried the thing.
So here are some basics. I run at a pressure of 7, tube heat at 4, humidifier at 78 degrees.

with that setting the battery lasts 3.5 hours before it starts giving you an alarm. (nasty alarm by the way)

Shutting everything off and just running the unit. (I did have the humidifier attached with water in it just to help with moisture)

It ran for 17 hours
So essentially 2 full nights

So for back up in the middle of the night with everything on? It will cover you for a short while. However running just the unit on a plane or while traveling its not a bad option.

For at home though I will probably end up with a Goal Zero or something else. I live on the coast and we have some nasty outages at times.

Justin

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using the Medistrom pilot 24
Very nice to hear that it lasted 17hrs without the humidifier on. Sometimes it's easy to get stuck on the numbers game, I do it all the time as do others. Sometimes it's surprising the results we get just trying something that doesn't work out well on paper. Thanks for trying it out and sharing the results. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using the Medistrom pilot 24
Hi JustinJames,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 308 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  Pilot-24 no longer recognizes CPAP DanDV 1 623 08-20-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Medistrom Pilot Charging ? Lindah 1 836 02-08-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Lindah
  Medistrom Pilot 24 Plus Overheat! Mygirlscats 11 2,967 12-19-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  How Many Nights of Travel with the PILOT-24 LITE battery with Resmed Air Mini dreamstream 1 1,175 08-28-2020, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? psteckler 11 1,943 08-12-2019, 11:35 PM
Last Post: psteckler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.