Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uzupan Therapy Thread
RE: oscar report
Typo. EPR
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks!! Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Gideon, I hope you see this today. I did as you suggested:
Try
Min= 10
Max=13
EPR= 1

I slept until about 1:30 am, woke up and did not get back to sleep until after 3:00 am. By the charts I had zeros, so I think one key is try to sleep on my right side, only. I do use the collar as you suggested so my oxygen stays up because I know I know I would tuck my head at night.

Any other suggestions by anyone will be greatly appreciated!!   Now if I only can sleep all night long!

Thanks!!! Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You NEED a higher EPR, pressure not so much.

So Set EPR=3
Set Min=9.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning,

I have adjusted my rates that Gideon mentioned.
Set EPR=3

Set Min=9. 

Last night's charts are attached, My AHI went  up just a little and looking at flow limits they are higher than the night before. Of course I don't understand flow limits. I have read it several times but it does not sink in. IF any one can explain it to me I would appreciate it very much. Looking back when I ran my pressures higher my flow limits numbers were lower so I am confused.

Gideon, if you see this today what changes would you recommend for me to try tonight. I appreciate this board very much. I had my trition study 3 weeks ago and I have not heard a word from the Doctor or the medical equipment company. The only info I have is off the sleep study which is what I posted a few weeks ago, and that Dr recommended a cpap set at 15 so i am all confused!!!

Thanks, Everyone!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE help with reduction
Good Morning,

I was just reviewing my Oscar report last night. I see that I had several REAs (RE). How can I reduce these numbers? I also noticed that during these times my flow limits were high.

Could it be with my head set, Phillips dreamwear nasal cushion, when laying on my side the air is being restricted on the one side of the headgear enough to trigger these higher events  even though the other side of the headgear the air is not being restricted?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RE help with reduction
Tell us about your sleeping position and pillow usage. What I see is a cluster of obstructive events, RERAs and Flow Limitations, REad the wiki on the soft cervical collar in my signature.

Your flow limits show a distribution throughout as well as clusters so it is possible that you may need a VAuto with more than 3 PS/EPR. We will see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep on my right side, or try to at least. My pillow seems to be comfortable and it does not raise my head very much. I will read the information. I am using a collar from Walgreens that has a v shape cut out for the chin to sit in. My collar has enough room for one  finger to come between the collar and my neck. I don't feel it is to high and I don't think it is to low. I might be able to expand it just a little bit to give my neck a little more room. I have looked over some previous Oscar reports and I have had several nights where there was no REAs. 

I hope we can figure this out because I don't think I would be approved for another machine since the insurance just approved this resmed airsense 11.

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Has your nose by any chance been stuffy? And is this a recent phenomenon, or longer-standing?

The makers of these frame-channel masks state that the airflow reduction on one side is compensated for on the other side. I don't know of research on this subject one way or another.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Nose has been clear.  There are several nights that REA are not recorded so I am guessing it is how I may be sleeping. I will see what Oscar says tonight and post tomorrow.

I would try another headset but for me this has been the most comfortable.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 41 50 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 960 1 hour ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,318 2 hours ago
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,401 8 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,074 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 587 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 487 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.