Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uzupan Therapy Thread
Uzupan Therapy Thread
Good Morning EVERYONE.

I hope this finds you well. I am showing my Oscar report from last night and wanted to get your opinion and what changes may need to be made. I see my AHI for last night was higher than normal, it is been running any where from .2 to .8  the last several nights at these pressure settings.These pressure settings give me the best overall numbers. My AHI number jumped up early this morning after I got up, went back to the bed and feel asleep on my back instead of my side. 

What changes should be made, if any? I wish I could say I sleep all night, I don't. I usually wake up twice during the night. the first time I wake up I generally fall back asleep, the second time I wake up I stay awake for about an hour before falling back sleep.

Thanks,

Mark

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar report
Here are 3 more graphs. I am trying to learn all I can about them but I have a long way to go! the last graph is n overview.

thanks!!! Thanks 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar report help and suggestions?
I was hoping someone would be able to vie some suggestions for settings or leave well enough alone?
Post Reply Post Reply
The default order of the graphs displayed in the Daily screen are listed in order of importance.  Your screenshots are missing the Event and Flow Limit graphs.  Please restore them back to their default.  Also, use the Standard view and not the Advanced view (View ⇾ Reset Graphs ⇾ Standard ).  The "Advanced" is for ASV and ST models.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Despite the missing charts.
Your flow limits are high. Please try EPR=3

Why are you running such high pressures and in such a narrow band?

I strongly believe the cluster of events at 4:30 is positional in that you are likely tucking your chin. Your numbers are good enough that you should be aware of this. The fix is either a pillow adjustment or a soft cervical collar, see the wiki article in my signature. I'm not at this time recommending a collar but if it gets worse then yes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do wear a collar based on your suggestion and I was lying on my back during that last hour or so. The Dr., from my sleep study said put the pressure on 15. I was running a lower pressure before the sleep study. I dropped the epr from 3 to 2 because my ResMed was saying I had a central apnea occurrence but I am beginning to think I hold my breath when I roll over because last night I turned the epr off and it still recorded a central apnea during the last hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
A single - or even a few - CA events in a night is not a cause for concern. As you said, rolling over, or holding your breathe as you drift into or out of sleep, will do that.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Instead of re-posting my charts from Tuesday night which are posted in the very first post. Here are the charts from last night. I did slept last night for almost 7 hours straight, I guess from the Claritin I took. I woke up about 5:15 am, and got up and then laid back down.  After I laid back down   is when my airsense 11 recorded another central apnea at .1.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like you to lower your max. Pressure and increase EPP and use auto mode.
Your flow limits are expected to drive your pressure to the max. The low is just to signal us if your flow limits fall off enough not to drive your pressure to your set Max. Mostly watch the OA events. When they start climbing significantly the pressure is a bit too low.

Try
Min= 10
Max=13
EPR=2, if aren't comfortable, 1
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon, I will try these settings tonight and see what may happen. I will try to post charts tomorrow. For clarification what is the EPP as mentioned in Gideon's post above?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 159 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.