Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAUTO card problem
RE: VAUTO card problem
I just discovered the same thing recently using the extender. Thanks for posting this info for others.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2021, 08:12 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: Last night after I woke up, I then masked up and powered up, forgot to change the room air con setting, immediately powered down to reset the air con. This registered as another session under Session Information as 00m -59s.

I recommend updating to OSCAR 1.2.0. We made fixes to negative number problems in that newer version.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ Becker44a

Yes that is my experience too: "Works well: put the SD card in before powering up the machine."

@ GuyScharf

Good feedback: I have v1.2.0 on my laptop and interestingly it does not even show that short 59 second period.
Just 3 sessions recorded and not 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2021, 01:29 PM)becker44a Wrote: . . .
I took the cables I had not returned yet and tried again.  This time I inserted the cable into the A10 first, then inserted the card in the cable, and last, powered up the A10.  Voila, the card was recognized and seen properly..  Checked the 2nd cable, same behavior.  Have used the extender cable several nights now, and as long as the card is inserted before powering up the machine, it works correctly.  

Hope this helps someone.

Fresh Update:   I ran as described above in post #20 for several nights.  Then the A10 would not recognize the card, even tho the procedure was not changed.  I completely powered down the unit, and tried again - no luck.  I tested the 2nd cable - same result.  I have now returned these items to Amazon.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
So far it has worked for me.

Except last night. As usual I leave the card in the SD extender for at least an hour, then power down the machine, switch off at the wall. Should be OK, right?

Last night's data showed no time for my HA but there were times for CA and OA.

SD card extender problem, maybe?

I will keep an eye on this but don't really want to lose data.

V1.2.0 windows 7.

[attachment=30055]
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar does not provide a time for a Hypopnea event, only the time the flag occurred. This is because an event duration is not reported by the machine, so Oscar does not "invent" it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All my nights over the last year with HA events had the times displayed in Events as recently as last week. See attached.[attachment=30087]

I must say they were always around 10 seconds and that didn't seem to match the flow chart.

So I conclude that:

1. this is a consequence of a v.1.2.0 update perhaps?

2. So RERA and HA have no time duration then?

3. My SD card extender is still working!!   Smile it certainly did last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2021, 06:56 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: All my nights over the last year with HA events had the times displayed in Events as recently as last week.

OSCAR was adding 10 seconds to the duration reported by ResMed machines even though the ResMed 10 series machines report HA duration as 0. This was a problem inherited from SleepyHead. We fixed that some time ago. We also no longer show duration if the duration is zero. I'm not sure what release we fixed that in, perhaps 1.1.0.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still using the extender one year on. Started around 1 Feb 2021.

The same one as in post #12.

I bought two, so far only using the one!

Great idea in case anyone is interested.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 472 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 142 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 731 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.