Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAUTO card problem
Sad 
VAUTO card problem
Today my SD card would not eject. I had to use my finer nails to get it out. When I put it back in it had the “spring” push it back out and will not keep it in. I tried 3 different cards and none would stay in the machine. Any suggestions?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VAUTO card problem
Having and oak leaf diploma in shade tree engineering, I would use something like the corner of a business card to wedge it in after insertion.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the downside of daily ejecting and reading the cards. The slots are a somewhat perishable, and I had the same problem on a PRS1 60 Series Auto BiPAP. The card slot in that machine was integrated on the main-board and could not be repaired. The Resmed is also integrated on the main board and you can see it in this video at 5:15 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...em-Removal

It's possible that if you disassemble the machine to the point shown in that video, you can use some fine tools like a jewelers screwdriver or similar to free the retaining spring and repair the part, or if you're really brave, you can actually pull apart the SD card slot housing and remove the ejector spring https://youtu.be/9SlwmEc0ECI This failure and repair is very common, and I wish I had pursued it, but gave away the machine to Supersleeper. The idea suggested by Crimson Nape did work for me for quite a while, but eventually the card would not hold in the right position. Your best option is to call SecondWindCPAP, and ask what they can do for you BEFORE you try any of this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moving this thread to main forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm yes that is a bit of a worry, weakest part of the machine perhaps?

My own SD card slot in the AirSense 10 is starting to feel a bit temperamental after a year of daily in/out.

Is it possible to have an adaptor that stays in the SD card slot permanently, sort of Male-Female SD card adaptor?

or something like this:

SD Card Converter to USB Port Extension cable

or something like this:

sd card to sd card extension cable?

Anyone tried this? Would this work?... it would save wear and tear on the machine SD card reader.
Post Reply Post Reply
Extenders do work. One member had to use one to raise his FlashAir for a better Wi-Fi signal.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape I will see if I can rustle some up locally or online, test that and then maybe run with that for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got an extension cable for use in my old Resperonics machine, but it wouldn't work. Will have to see if it works in the Resmed. My SD card failed in the Resmed after only 4 months of use--the little lock, unlock, toggle broke off in the lock position.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2021, 04:49 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I got an extension cable for use in my old Resperonics machine, but it wouldn't work.  Will have to see if it works in the Resmed.  My SD card failed in the Resmed after only 4 months of use--the little lock, unlock, toggle broke off in the lock position.

If the problem is the card, that is inexpensive and easy to fix. If it is the card slot, it is entirely a different matter.  For you, just spend $6 and buy a new card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are referring to the Write-Protect tab, you can put a piece of cellophane tape over it to disable it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 859 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 729 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.