Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAUTO card problem
RE: VAUTO card problem
The extension cable seems to work on the Resmed--that will save wear and tear on the SD card slot. Was going to try the cellophane tape trick on the old SD card but can't find the card--I had replaced it with a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Extension cord for SD? Maybe Stacey can use this? Glue the cord into the slot maybe.

If my suggestion breaks your PAP, call my lawyers office at Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe. Cool

[Image: stDAjTt.jpg?1]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The extender Sarcastic Dave pictured is what I have.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you check the resumes of Dewey Cheatum and Howe,  you will find the perpetrators are deceased, but Tom and Ray Magliozzi (Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers)were the BEST!  Many of us are old fossils here on Apnea Board, so, just in case you were scratching your head.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep the Car Talk attorneys accepted a retainer from me. I remember the first car talk show I was listening to was driving truck somewhere not near Normal, Illinois, heading south towards Tennessee.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2021, 08:42 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: The extender Sarcastic Dave pictured is what I have.

Cool, glad to know others have already done this.

Any issues with data loss or the machine not 'finding' the SD card?

I have found an online source and will add this to my collection of things in my XPAP drawer. 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just some feedback in case anyone is planning this:

I have been using the extender (same as the one pictured above) for the last 4 or 5 nights. Saves wear and tear on the machine SD card slot.

Works well: put the SD card in before powering up the machine. Have to leave the cover to the SD card slot in the machine in the open position, but that is OK: I can see when it is writing. 

Only one glitch so far:

Last night after I woke up, I then masked up and powered up, forgot to change the room air con setting, immediately powered down to reset the air con. This registered as another session under Session Information as 00m -59s.
No data there on the charts though. Not sure if this normal or due the extra time writing to the SC card.
[attachment=29608]
Memo to self: don't power down so quickly next time. I will see if data backfills tomorrow when I import data again.

Now, to work on those annoying Clear Airways....but that is another story.
Post Reply Post Reply
It won't backfill unless you purge this day of data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point, didn't think about that!

So I did purge yesterday's data and re-imported but still has that strange Session recorded as a negative number and data missing on chart. Not a problem, just an observation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2021, 07:45 AM)SevereApnea Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 08:42 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: The extender Sarcastic Dave pictured is what I have.

Cool, glad to know others have already done this.

Any issues with data loss or the machine not 'finding' the SD card?
. . .
Hi All,
I have wanted do do this for awhile now, so I looked and found an SD extender cable on Amazon looking like the one Dave pictured above.  I purchased and tried the cable, but it didn't seem to recognize the card.  Assuming the cable was defective, I requested a replacement.  The next cable behaved exactly like the 1st one.  I went back to the Amazon pages, and read everything carefully, and spotted verbiage from a reviewer that it didn't recognize a new card until the computer was restarted.  I looked for other cables, and found text like "doesn't support hot-swap", or phrases like that.

I took the cables I had not returned yet and tried again.  This time I inserted the cable into the A10 first, then inserted the card in the cable, and last, powered up the A10.  Voila, the card was recognized and seen properly..  Checked the 2nd cable, same behavior.  Have used the extender cable several nights now, and as long as the card is inserted before powering up the machine, it works correctly.  

Hope this helps someone.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 579 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 144 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 732 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.