Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAUTO not reacting to OA's
VAUTO not reacting to OA's
[Image: detUnMvl.png]

If you look at the cluster of OA's from 2 to 2:30 you see that the pressure never moves up in response.

So is there a good reason for this or is the machine not responding correctly?

I'm starting to wonder if I have a lemon on my hands and if it's time to send it back.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VAUTO not reacting to OA's
Which algorithm are you using, soft or standard? Which ever it is, try the other. There are numerous places i would expect pressure to increase and it does not...22:10, 00:00, 00:20, 04:20. Leak rate looks better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Being ignorant on Dreamstations, would an incorrect mask setting interfere with its response?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that setting may be tied to anticipated leak rates. We have at least 1 thread discussing that mask setting.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eamstation

(had to post this one while standing in a corner, I'm in trouble again...)
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
There's only one algorithm. The leak rate seems better because I set it on full face mask while using the P10 mask.

Yeah I'm calling them now. It's a lemon.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape and Dave,
The VAUTO saw the OA and should have responded. The mask setting wouldn't have made a difference.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2017, 10:52 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Crimson Nape and Dave,
                                     The VAUTO saw the OA and should have responded. The mask setting wouldn't have made a difference.

OK copy that. Best to ya on getting lemon replaced with good unit. I guess I can exit corner soon.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot we were dealing with the Aircurve here. I still would have expected pressure increases where FL and OA are present. Mine certainly responds differently with many small pressure changes through the night, even though it is very closely optimized.

[Image: Ax1XtO1.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Update. I received a new replacement for the VAUTO and tried it last night. Another bad machine. Same problem! EPAP won't react to OA's but the IPAP does react to flow limitations. Before I sent back the first machine I took a photo of the label. It turns out the replacement machine came from the same batch as the one I sent back. I think it would be a waste of time to try yet again a replacement. It appears this guy bought a batch of ResMed Air Curves VAUTO's that are defective and is selling them on Amazon under the company name of Sistemma. I guess that would explain the low prices. After doing a background check on this company I found out it's a one man operation run out of the guy's home. Appears to be a nice looking home just outside Seattle by the way. I love Google Earth.
To get back on track. I would advise anyone thinking of buying a machine on Amazon to think twice.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know why pressure is not rising on Autoset following OA, however  you only have 2-cm of pressure left to go.  It might be interesting to take an image from ResScan and ask Resmed technical support to look at this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 852 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 555 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 462 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 139 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 721 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.