Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAUTO not reacting to OA's
RE: VAUTO not reacting to OA's
Good idea. Just heard back from the seller. He claims he tested the old machine and it worked good. He says I'm not setting up the machine right. Clearly a line of B & S.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's disappointing. I had him pegged for some future purchases since he is near me. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2017, 10:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Forgot we were dealing with the Aircurve here.  I still would have expected pressure increases where FL and OA are present.  Mine certainly responds differently with many small pressure changes through the night, even though it is very closely optimized.

[Image: Ax1XtO1.png]

I noticed your minute vent is about 10.5 and BRM about 16 with a tidal volume of 690. As you would know, these are out of normal range. I hope you are looking into it, if you haven't been given a reason already.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2017, 10:09 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: ...He claims he tested the old machine and it worked good...

Um... scary thought... but just how does one test the machine for the problem that you were having? Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
He's not running any tests. He doesn't even no how they work. He's been lucky up to now because other people probably don't know their machines have a defect. But I've been receiving training from the best. Apnea Board! He has no idea that I can read detail data and can tell if the machine is working right or not. He claims he can download all my data through ReMed and tell if the machine is working right.
The guy is a fool.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Doesn't the clinician part of ResMed's MyAir give a detailed look of your data, much like SleepyHead does?

Also, when he is selling from his website, a prescription is required. When he is selling on Amazon, I don't see that same requirement (but maybe it comes up later during the checkout process?). Did he require an Rx from you?

I'm very interested to know, as a family member needs treatment but has not been tested yet (and has limited funds). With all of the trouble I've had with my so-called 'doctor', I was hoping to mention buying from Amazon as an option. Thanks. And I'm sorry this happened to you. It really sucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think online access to clinical data by providers can view detailed flow and pressure data. They can see the settings, averages, statistical data and events, but not detailed charts of flow pressure and respiration. The posted data looks nearly normal unless you can see the relationship of pressure to events. That is why I suggested printing this in ResScan to get an opinion. I think that might be the only way to see the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2017, 09:10 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: It appears this guy bought a batch of ResMed Air Curves VAUTO's that are defective and is selling them on Amazon under the company name of Sistemma. 

I recently purchased a regular A10 AutoSet from this supplier and everything was A-OK.

The AirSense 10 "For Her" algorithm specificallly "Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O".
Of course this is not the AirSense 10 but the AirCurve but you may be running into some similar response limit, maybe the algorithm stops responding to apneas at 20cm? or requires more of them? under other breath conditions? just guessing.

The way to be sure is to see AirCurve from another supplier responding under similar conditions or getting official response from ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla, another thought would be to drop EPAP min to 17 and see if you get a different response. You will have more OA if the machine does not respond, but it may be an interesting check.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
I thought of doing that but called ResMed Technical Support and described the problem. They said to return it to the provider.
I also told them it was the second machine to have the same problem. Gave them the providers name and address and they're going to look into it. So I sent the machine off this morning. Now will be the fight to get the refund.

One thing that ResMed said was to try Supplier #1 for a new machine. Nice to know.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 729 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.