Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Auto Pressure
Auto Pressure
I've been using a Dreamstation Auto for a few months now and I'm still not sure about the pressure data that Oscar is showing.
I have the max pressure set at 20 assuming the machine will supply whatever pressure is needed under that limit.

In the first screenshot from Oscar (Screen 1), it looks like the pressure is capped at 13 and can't/won't go higher, the peaks are flattened.
Is this just a display issue in the 3rd panel in the Oscar data or is my CPAP actually being restrained from going higher than 13 for some
reason?

In the second screen (Screen 2), the max pressure mostly reaches a sharp peak then declines, no flattened peaks.  This looks more realistic
to me as the 3rd panel graph suggests the machine is responding freely to my pressure demand.

Comments appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auto Pressure
Are you being remotely monitored, and is your machine's setting subject to adjustment remotely by a monitoring/issuing corporate entity or agency? I don't know, or understand, why the first screen says you are capped, which it seems to suggest, whereas the second allowed you to climb up to much higher pressures without any claimed adjustment by you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know that the Dreamstation data has been up for review. If you aren't using OSCAR version 1.1.1 (the latest), please upgrade to see if this corrects your data display.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You also had some sizable leaks in the first screenshot. Your machine may not have been able to compensate with such large leaks.
The second one shows a lower leak rate and things seemed to work better.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so sorry you got stuck with a Philips Dreamstation. With a Resmed, we might have a fighting chance to deal with all the flow limitations that are the root cause of all the hypopnea and OA. The Philips seems to target snores to increase pressure, and you don't have many (ignore VS2), and as a result your machine is stuck at low pressure.

While Resmed's EPR would be more useful, i think you should consider turning on AFlex at a setting of 2 to see if that helps, and it looks like a move to a minimum pressure of 10.0 might help. Let's be clear, the Auto pressure from a Philips auto CPAP is very unresponsive to obstructive precursors, and the minimum pressure needs to be nearly as high as a fixed CPAP pressure to be effective. It is always behind your needs instead of preventing events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the insight, it makes sense of the data I've been looking at.

Dana
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,639 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Lower auto pressure while loosing weight? tottbjorn 3 616 06-05-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.