Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Journey
RE: VAuto Journey
I thought you were trying a min pressure of 8.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2020, 09:35 AM)bonjour Wrote: I thought you were trying a min pressure of 8.

I’m kind of hesitant to changing anything right now since I haven’t had 2 nights of consecutive low AHI numbers in a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Believe me, we are on your side. We want you to have low numbers. If 8 doesn't work, that too is a good thing because it helps to narrow down your sweet spot. Honestly we are looking for your obstructive numbers to come up, to show a little, then it is likely that we would bump your pressure up a little. We just don't know where that value is yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2020, 09:47 AM)lbl82 Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 09:35 AM)bonjour Wrote: I thought you were trying a min pressure of 8.

I’m kind of hesitant to changing anything right now since I haven’t had 2 nights of consecutive low AHI numbers in a long time.

how do you feel now.... where your pressure is?

Your last screenshot shows 8 CA's....... if you're not feeling better, then open you flow rate chart to see what the central look like.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2020, 11:51 AM)optimalsleep Wrote:

Your last screenshot shows 8 CA's....... if you're not feeling better, then open you flow rate chart to see what the central look like.

I have a hard time understanding the charts.  What are the centrals suppose to look like?
Post Reply Post Reply

I actually have felt tired even since I woke up despite my numbers.  Does this chart help?
(06-16-2020, 11:51 AM)optimalsleep Wrote:

Post Reply Post Reply
You need a 2-minute view to see the waveform. Centrals normally show as an FOT squiggle/'sonar' pulses on a flat line with the breath following not being a big one\a recovery breath that is common with obstructive.
You can assume that anything labeled as a CA most likely is one.
Post Reply Post Reply
you're not following me when I say expand your flow rate chart......

Details Events Notes Bookmarks

(Orange bar) AHI 3.64

Left click on Events
Double left click on clear airway events.... how ever many events you have will be numbered....
Left click on the numbered event... your flow rate chart will be in 2 minute segments
Go through all the events and see if the Centrals are during normal breathing oscillations

I attached a screenshot from last OSCAR readout......and breathing is a little shallow you can see a legitimate Central apnea

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Please notice in the image above, at the bottom left is a "View Size" slider. The value indicates the range in minutes when selecting an event. I believe the default is 4 minutes if you have never used it. Please slide it to the 2 minute range.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you click on each event it automatically open to 2 minutes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 2 62 9 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 966 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 138 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 67 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 141 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,338 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 141 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.