Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Journey
RE: VAuto Journey
Pure centrals don't have movement prior to the event.  I'd bet that these three are caused by a disturbance then you tossing and holding your breath, but no obstruction.
Post Reply Post Reply

Been on the same settings since June 16th: Min. 8-Max 20, PS 3, Very High Trigger and No Ramp.  The 2.12 AHI was the best number I've had since using the VAuto.  I only had 2 Centrals!!!  I slept for almost exactly 8 hours. The only consistent thing I can see when I look back at my sleep is that if I sleep 10 hours or more my AHI is between 4.5-5.0. I'm gonna try to keep my sleep to 8 hours if possible.  The thing is that I've been on the VAuto since June 12th. I still feel tired when I wake up.  Not exhausted or anything.  I would say like a 4 out of 10.  I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling refreshed and feeling like I couldn't go back to sleep if I wanted to! Any other suggestions to get my AHI lower?
Post Reply Post Reply
A few observations and things to think on. Regardless of any data on OSCAR, compare the 2 nights sleeping that are represented in your last post. Was sleep worse on the night with more events? Were they considered basically equal? How was one better or worse than the other? Don't mention the data at all in the answer. Rely only on how you felt.

The other thing is that I've forgotten how long you've been using the VAuto and other PAP machines if applicable. How long has that PAP usage been compared to how long you think you may have had apnea or had gotten well rested sleep? It may be that you've not rested well for quite a few months or years. If this is factual, PAP therapy can take many months to begin giving that well rested sleep again. And it can be added back very gradual, so much so that you may not notice the better sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Felt really tired when I woke up for some reason this morning.  My AHI was in the 3's instead of 2's, but that shouldn't have made much of a difference.  No idea why.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what trigger sensitivity is, but if possible, increase it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using my VAuto for 25 days.  My average over that time span is a Ti 1.3s, I:E 1:2.6, Spont. Cycle is 95.0%.  My current settings are Ti Min 0.3s, Ti Max 2.0s, Trigger Very High, and Cycle Medium.  Should I change any of my current settings given my average numbers over 25 days?
Post Reply Post Reply

I've been on VAuto 26 days. The first 2 days weren't good.  I adjusted my settings to PS 3, EPAP 10, IPAP 20 with very high trigger sensitivity for 2 days.  I had an average AHI of 2.12.  For the last 22 days my settings have been PS 3, EPAP 8, IPAP 20 and very high trigger sensitivity.  My average AHI is 3.22.  I've noticed since being on the VAuto that my ratio of CA to Hypopnea events have changed.  Take my AHI from last night which was 2.62.  I had a .48 CA and 2.15 hypopnea.  With my ResMed AirSense 10 autoset the numbers would have been reversed. My CA would be 2.15 and my hypopnea would have been .48.  Unfortunately, I have felt very tired when waking up the last 2 days.  It doesn't make sense given my numbers.  I mean I didn't feel wide awake when I woke up while using the Airsense 10 autoset, but it seems like it's been worse with the VAuto.  Even though my AHI numbers have averaged below 5 for the past 26 days I've been on it.  Makes no sense!!! I've also been on adderall for 2 years and that doesn't help either. I have an appointment with my sleep doctor on Friday.  Any advice? In the meantime can I adjust my settings to lower my hypopnea events?
Post Reply Post Reply
Generally we increase pressure support for hypopnea. Your Vauto allows PS to be changed in 0.2 cm increments, so the recommendation is increase PS to 3.4 and see if that moves things in the right direction. Ti max can go to 2.2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2020, 07:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Generally we increase pressure support for hypopnea.  Your Vauto allows PS to be changed in 0.2 cm increments, so the recommendation is increase PS to 3.4 and see if that moves things in the right direction.  Ti max can go to 2.2.

Just curious. Why Ti max to 2.2?
Post Reply Post Reply
Good question. You can disregard that I though I saw some longer inspiration time but it must have been a different member. Increasing Ti Max would have no effect on our therapy since you don't approach the current limit of 2.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.