Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Journey
RE: VAuto Journey
My AHI was a little worse last night at 3.1. I increased my PS from 3.0 to 3.4. What should I do? I’ve also noticed that since being on the VAuto that my centrals have been better. The average is around 1 to 1.5. If the VAuto doesn’t help with centrals why are my centrals so low?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are on the right track assuming you need to treat hypopnea. It might be worth taking a closer 2 or 3 minute view of events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The trigger sensitivity helps with centrals, and your body could be somewhat adapting. That and we always see some differences between machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2020, 11:10 AM)bonjour Wrote: The trigger sensitivity helps with centrals, and your body could be somewhat adapting.  That and we always see some differences between machines.

My Central to Hypopnea ratio has changed since being on VAuto. My AHI is low, but my hypopneas are more than my centrals. How do I lower my hypopnea while keeping my centrals low? Also, what do you mean by my body may be adapting? I’ve been on VAuto for 27 nights with an average AHI at around 3. I also average 8.5 hours of sleep. I should be feeling awake when I wake up. I still don’t and my sleepiness has actually increased over the last couple days!
Post Reply Post Reply
For some/most PAP users, the body can adjust its own sensitivity to the CO2 washout scenario that occurs and causes treatment emergent centrals. That adjusting or "adapting" is very likely what bonjour is referring to.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To reduce hypopneas, try increasing your EPAP pressure. Looking at your graphs, I'd try 10 cm to see what happens.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose increasing pressure will tell us or at least give us a hint, but has anyone had a close look at the hypopnea to try to determine if obstructive or central? it kind of sounds like the very high trigger setting may have reduced his ca to central hypopnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2020, 02:49 PM)sheepless Wrote: I suppose increasing pressure will tell us or at least give us a hint, but has anyone had a close look at the hypopnea to try to determine if obstructive or central?  it kind of sounds like the very high trigger setting may have reduced his ca to central hypopnea.

What is central hypopnea?  What can I do about that?
Post Reply Post Reply
just as there's obstructive and central apnea, hypopnea can be obstructive or central. or mixed. raising pressure helps obstructive but tends to make central worse and vice versa. as you know, neither cpap/apap nor bilevel is designed to treat central events. if central events are your dominant apnea type, not treatment emergent, and you aren't satisfied with how you feel, the next step would be asv. but that's a bit premature yet. your under 5 ahi is quite reasonable for vauto so you won't get much assistance from the system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please see my post#82 asking for a closer look.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,332 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 454 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.