Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Journey
RE: VAuto Journey

Is this what you want to look at?
(07-09-2020, 03:38 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Please see my post#82 asking for a closer look.
Post Reply Post Reply
the 2 shots of hypopnea are just the ticket. I'll venture my guess they're central with diminishing volume preceding the event but I'm not at all confident in my ability to interpret these. wait for others to weigh in. besides, increasing pressure may tell us, if ca goes up as a result.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the details tab in Oscar there is light blue line for Obstructive and royal blue line for Hypopnea.  What's the difference between the two?

I have very high trigger, PS 3, EPAP 8 and IPAP 20 for the majority of time using VAuto, which has been about 26 days.  Like I stated already my centrals have decreased, but my hypopneas have increased.  Last night I increased my PS to 3.4.  It didn't do anything to affect my hypopneas. What should I do now? Increase EPAP? Increase PS? Both?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Hypopnoeas in these graphs are central in nature increasing pressure won’t help. Not much more we can do with the VAuto to reduce the numbers how do you feel
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a way I can email or dropbox my OSCAR data to my sleep doctor?
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be possible I suppose. If you created a screenshot, same as you'd do for posting here, then include that in an email as an attachment. I know gmail would do it without issue.

Check with the doc to see if he/she is going to look at it, and what format they expect.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a great visit with nurse practitioner. Was able to share my OSCAR data with her via Zoom. She is gonna lower my IPAP to 15 and EPAP to 7. Keep PS at 3. See how this is for the next couple weeks. If doesn’t improve we will do a sleep study since I haven’t had one since 2014. I asked her about the trigger setting and she didn’t know what that is. Should I keep it on Very High or lower it?
Post Reply Post Reply
"In the details tab in Oscar there is light blue line for Obstructive and royal blue line for Hypopnea. What's the difference between the two?"

are you asking what's the difference between obstructive apnea and hypopnea? if so, apnea, whether obstructive or central, is defined as something like 90-100% reduction in flow while hypopnea is something like a 50% reduction. I'm kind of making the numbers up based on a vague recollection of the definitions, but you get the idea. like apnea, hypopnea can be obstructive or central but it's the rare polysomnograph, and no machine I'm aware of, that reports the type of hypopnea.

my recommendation is to keep trigger at high or very high. you have better results with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

The only thing I changed last night was my trigger setting.  I set it to High instead of Very High.  My CA went up to 60.  My AHI was very high (at least for me). I'm gonna set my trigger back to very high.  What did this slight adjustment mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
that you'd be better off with an asv?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 930 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 140 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.