Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Journey
RE: VAuto Journey
It doesn't get much nastier looking than that. I vote ASV before OSCAR runs out of purple ink.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had a sleep study since 2014.  I know I will need to get another one done.  I know I will also have to get my heart examined as well I believe.  Will I need to get a split level ASV sleep study to get one?
Post Reply Post Reply
looks like you're doing okay with very high trigger. if you feel okay and your ahi stays under 5, maybe stay the course or find a used asv. it's possible but difficult to get asv through the 'system'. I gambled on asv without a doctor because I don't have any heart issues that I know of. even though the heart test they want us to do before prescribing asv is based on a likely faulty study, it might be a good idea just to be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2020, 04:45 PM)sheepless Wrote: looks like you're doing okay with very high trigger.  if you feel okay and your ahi stays under 5, maybe stay the course or find a used asv. it's possible but difficult to get asv through the 'system'.  I gambled on asv without a doctor because I don't have any heart issues that I know of.  even though the heart test they want us to do before prescribing asv is based on a likely faulty study, it might be a good idea just to be sure.

What do you mean by system? Like the insurance process? Will I have to get a split study with ASV to get prescribed one? I didn’t go through insurance to get the VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Consider very high trigger as an interim mitigation. You need ASV. We could get you that therapy for $500 out of pocket, or you can take your chances with exams, tests, studies and eventually a solution. If you have GREAT insurance, go through the system. If it is anything less, we can set you up for less and faster. You have a choice. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines

The "system, is the medical mafia that consists of insurance companies, suppliers and doctors that conspire to transfer the maximum cost of therapy back onto the patient, while keeping you dependent on their services and "coverage". You can actually demonstrate the need for ASV and efficacy by buying out of pocket and short-circuiting their B.S.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"What do you mean by system? Like the insurance process?"

yes, from doctors for getting a prescription to insurance approval for the expense.

"Will I have to get a split study with ASV to get prescribed one?"

I don't know the answer to that. I suspect it varies from doctor to doctor, sleep clinic to sleep clinic. call your doc and your insurance provider. if you're self paying, you can buy used from a private party without doctors and insurers. if you have a cooperative doctor, s/he may be willing to give you a prescription without a study if they're willing to review your history and machine data with you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2020, 06:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Consider very high trigger as an interim mitigation. You need ASV.  We could get you that therapy for $500 out of pocket, or you can take your chances with exams, tests, studies and eventually a solution.  If you have GREAT insurance, go through the system. If it is anything less, we can set you up for less and faster.  You have a choice. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines  

The "system, is the medical mafia that consists of insurance companies, suppliers and doctors that conspire to transfer the maximum cost of therapy back onto the patient, while keeping you dependent on their services and "coverage".  You can actually demonstrate the need for ASV and efficacy by buying out of pocket and short-circuiting their B.S.

I don't plan on going through insurance to get the ASV.  I didn't use insurance to get the VAuto.  How could I get an ASV w/o a prescription?  Wouldn't I need a heart exam first? Who would setup the device for me if I didn't get a prescription from my Doctor?
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless I'm mistaken, some of the suppliers can furnish the script to buy the ASV, though it may be an added price service.

Maybe your doc would write one after you state I'm buying an ASV doc, write me the script.

I'd steer you to get a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, lightly used if you can find it. You get it and with us and OSCAR you set it up yourself. I did mine as doc and DME/RT had ZERO clue what to prescribe for settings. And the RT told me she had to guess on the settings anyway. Real professional experts there.

PS the heart issue? Do you have Congestive Heart Failure? You would not have to think on the answer if it's yes. You'd KNOW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2020, 07:02 PM)lbl82 Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 06:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Consider very high trigger as an interim mitigation. You need ASV.  We could get you that therapy for $500 out of pocket, or you can take your chances with exams, tests, studies and eventually a solution.  If you have GREAT insurance, go through the system. If it is anything less, we can set you up for less and faster.  You have a choice. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines  

The "system, is the medical mafia that consists of insurance companies, suppliers and doctors that conspire to transfer the maximum cost of therapy back onto the patient, while keeping you dependent on their services and "coverage".  You can actually demonstrate the need for ASV and efficacy by buying out of pocket and short-circuiting their B.S.

I don't plan on going through insurance to get the ASV.  I didn't use insurance to get the VAuto.  How could I get an ASV w/o a prescription?  Wouldn't I need a heart exam first? Who would setup the device for me if I didn't get a prescription from my Doctor?

Depending on your budget, I'm going to suggest Supplier #2 at about $1390 with low hours, great customer service and a warranty; or DotMed (go to Respiratory category and Bilevel PAP then search for Resmed). The Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt #36007 has nearly the same algorithms as the Aircurve 10 ASV and can be had for $340 with 9650 hours, $500 for 340 hour or zero hours at $700.  These are really good prices for a very good machine that will demonstrate efficacy and work for many years. 

As far as setup, there are only 3 settings, Mode (ASVauto), EPAP min, PS min and PS Max.  We would start you at EPAP min 6.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0.  The machine does every thing necessary to stop both obstructive and central apnea.  You don't need a doctor, and if you're worried about left ventricular ejections fraction with your good health, well, I'd like to think you would know if you are in severe heart failure.  Most people can't walk short distances without being winded and fatigued.  The SERVE-HF is about to be replaced with the ADVENT-HF study, and it confirms that the risks identified for ASV in CHF patients with LVEF less than 45% is not repeatable. https://www.mdedge.com/chestphysician/ar...-no-safety
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2020, 07:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 07:02 PM)lbl82 Wrote:

Depending on your budget, I'm going to suggest Supplier #2 at about $1390 with low hours, great customer service and a warranty; or DotMed (go to Respiratory category and Bilevel PAP then search for Resmed). The Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt #36007 has nearly the same algorithms as the Aircurve 10 ASV and can be had for $340 with 9650 hours, $500 for 340 hour or zero hours at $700.  These are really good prices for a very good machine that will demonstrate efficacy and work for many years. 

As far as setup, there are only 3 settings, Mode (ASVauto), EPAP min, PS min and PS Max.  We would start you at EPAP min 6.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0.  The machine does every thing necessary to stop both obstructive and central apnea.  You don't need a doctor, and if you're worried about left ventricular ejections fraction with your good health, well, I'd like to think you would know if you are in severe heart failure.  Most people can't walk short distances without being winded and fatigued.  The SERVE-HF is about to be replaced with the ADVENT-HF study, and it confirms that the risks identified for ASV in CHF patients with LVEF less than 45% is not repeatable. https://www.mdedge.com/chestphysician/ar...-no-safety

Do I have to have a prescription to get the ASV from Supplier #2?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 860 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.