Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Journey
RE: VAuto Journey

This is the highest my AHI has been since having my trigger setting on very high and being on VAuto.  What does this mean if anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
We are getting caught between a rock and a hard place with these results because it is a mixed signal of obstructive and central. This simply doesn't fit conventional titration protocols and moves us closer to ASV. To limit obstructive events and minimize pressure variations, let's increase EPAP min to 9.0, and we are going to cap it at EPAP max 10.0 to prevent CA. You are at PS 3.0 and I don't think we can increase that a lot without increasing the CA, but we want to provide support for hypopnea. Let's set PS to 3.2 and see how it goes. All of this points to more of a central problem than obstructive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Best AHI I've had since being on VAuto. The night before was my worst.  The only thing I changed before bed last night was increasing my PS to 3.2. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
The consistently inconsistent CA have disappeared for this sleep session. Let's see what pops up next time. Did comfort improve or otherwise change in any way?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

The last two nights. How do I get these hypopneas down?
Post Reply Post Reply
Higher pressure support. It looks like your CA has adapted to using the current level. Just start taking it up to 3.6 then 4.0 as needed and tolerated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

What else could I do to try to consistently lower my AHI?  It's not bad, but I do notice I feel a little better when it's close to 2.0 or lower.  Keep increasing my PS? Or is there anything I can do?
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that you've not bumped EPAP from 8 to 9 that was suggested by Sleeprider on 7/15. Had you tried that yet?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2020, 11:11 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: It appears that you've not bumped EPAP from 8 to 9 that was suggested by Sleeprider on 7/15. Had you tried that yet?

I had it at 9 on June 9th.  I had an appointment with the NP at my sleep facility and she lowered it to 7.  I stayed on 7 on June 10th and 11th. I raised it back to 8 on the 12th and haven't changed it since.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible a bit more EPAP may be needed. See what the others say, but I think the change from 8 to 9 referred to is still valid.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,345 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 552 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.