Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro Full Face RES MED
Humidifier: H4i Heated
CPAP Pressure: unsure 14-16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
VPAP 25 AUTO
Hello guys,

I need to replace my VPAP 25 AUTO (RES MED) and I really want to be in control of this. The substitute is supposed to be
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto with H5i Humidifier and ClimateLine
an auto titrating (auto adjusting) bi-level device using a 2 pressure delivery system.

Could anyone here tell me if there is a significant difference between the S9 VPAP Auto and ResMed VPAP Adapt with Humidifier and ClimateLine?
I am interested in getting the best possible machine because I have Pulmonary Hypertension and it is getting worse, so I might need something with greeter flow accuracy. Does the more expensive VPAP Adapt LACK anything that the VPAP AUTO has?

Please, no lecturing. There is quite a bit of that around here.
I just need practical factual details.

I appreciate this!

L
12-19-2014 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: VPAP 25 AUTO
VPAP Auto is a bilevel - http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...-auto.html

VPAP Adapt is for treating central apnea but can be used as regular auto bilevel for the treatment of mixed apnea - http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...adapt.html

Probably the biggest difference will be price. The VPAP Auto is about $1600 while the VPAP Adapt is, with the only website that listed a price, is over $3000.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-20-2014 01:02 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

One of our members replaced his S8 VPAP 25 Auto with the S9 VPAP Auto.
It's a good machine. Both machines can put out 25 cm-H2O pressure.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-20-2014 07:50 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi Lucy Van Pelt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
12-20-2014 09:12 AM
PaytonA Online
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(12-20-2014 07:50 AM)justMongo Wrote:  One of our members replaced his S8 VPAP 25 Auto with the S9 VPAP Auto.
It's a good machine. Both machines can put out 25 cm-H2O pressure.

Yes one of our members did and I like the S9 VPAP Auto a lot. I find that it is gentler than the S8 VPAP 25 Auto was and the transitions from EPAP to IPAP are much smoother. My S8 seemed like it would sometimes get out of sync with my breathing and just run off on its own rhythm. I managed to reduce this problem to almost nil but it took a lot of tweaking. The S9 has been no problem.

I am extremely happy with the Climateline tubing which is not available on the S8. I was having to get creative with rainout solutions with the S8. With the S9 with Climateline it has been set and forget.

I also wanted to get the high sample rate flow rate data that the S8 does not provide but the S9 does.

The S9 is quieter than the S8 was not that the S8 was all that noisy.

I also like the 3 piece, stainless steel humidity tank for the humidifier in place of the standard 2 piece aluminum tank. The S9 tanks all come apart so that they can be cleaned more easily than the S8. The stainless steel 3 piece tank gives more even humidification as the level of the water drops than either the 2 piece S9 tank or the S8 tank. It has better air routing for moisture pick-up.

The water tank on the S9 is slightly smaller than the one on the S8 but it also seems to humidify more effectively and use a little less water.

I like the controls better on the S9. The On/Off button is easy to find in the dark and easy to activate and I like the way the scroll and select knob works.

If you are getting the idea that I was really happy with my upgrade from S8 to S9, you would be a little under the mark. Yes, I am ecstatic.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Edit: Sorry, I reread your question and found out that I answered the wrong question.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 07:22 PM by PaytonA.)
12-20-2014 02:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

The VPAP Adapt is a great machine for central and mixed apnea and Cheyne-Stokes respiration. It has very little in the way of adjustments, letting the software do it all. This may or may not be an issue with your pulmonary hypertension. The Adapt is also pretty expensive, as stated earlier.

In addition to the S9 and new A10 series, Resmed also make several different types of ventilators (eg Stellar). It might be worth exploring these to see if there's anything which is a better match for your condition. (Alternatively, it might be over kill).

Finally, Philips have a range of BiPap machines which generally are more adjustable than the corresponding Resmeds. One of these might suit you better.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

12-20-2014 06:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question [Equipment] S9 VPAP AUTO QT2U 0 152 11-05-2016 12:27 AM
Last Post: QT2U
  resmed s9 vpap s faliure marcus112 6 372 10-21-2016 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 861 10-09-2016 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic
Ohmy Resmed S9 auto vs Airsense 10 auto sleepyonpar1 6 720 08-11-2016 09:10 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Dreamstation auto or Resmed S9 auto? Ockrocket 13 814 08-04-2016 11:09 PM
Last Post: stephennic
  Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months ckingzzzs 2 390 07-18-2016 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Looking for some thoughts on VPAP use ckingzzzs 7 911 07-18-2016 06:59 PM
Last Post: ckingzzzs