Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP ADAPT SV prescription setting trouble
VPAP ADAPT SV prescription setting trouble
hello!

I just recently purchased a VPAP adapt Sv, after a very complex multilevel surgery (UPPP...). Im currently 26 years old, and not obese. Neither CPAPs nor VPAPs were solving my issue. My diagnoses is Complex Apnea, and its been a nightmare for almost 5 years, no solutions at all.

The supplier couldnt set my pressure needs since I had just taken a recent sleep test. However, they suggested they could guide through the process.

If my needs are IPAP 17 cm H2O, EPAP 14 cm H2O. How can i configure my machine in ASV mode?

THe main issue i have now is that the max and min pressure is 15 and 10 cm H2O respectively, and cannot reach the required while entering clinical menu, those are the highest values It can reach. EPP could only be set to 10 cm H2O.

THanks for the help,

PS: Ive noticed the machine goes out of the limits sometimes, mostly IPAP sometimes is 17 cm H2O
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VPAP ADAPT SV prescription setting trouble
Hi DavidBol,
WELCOME! to the forum.
Hang in there and someone who knows the ins & outs of ASV machines will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not know the machine, but perhaps my ramblings may help?

EPAP = everything but inhale
IPAP = inhale
PS = Pressure support

IPAP = EPAP + PS

So, if you want EPAP to be '14', you'd set MIN EPAP = 14. If you want IPAP to =17, that would mean setting PS to '3' (EPAP+PS=IPAP)

Again, I do not know your machine, but I am using a Resmed VPAP Auto 25 (bi-level)...

Hang tight, others will come and add.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the difference between a Resmed Bilevel Auto and VPAP Auto 25? How many types of Bilevel machines does Resmed have?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 08:55 PM)me50 Wrote: How many types of Bilevel machines does Resmed have?

At least three in the current Australian catalogue: VPAP S, VPAP ST and VPAP Adapt, all with additional options such as IVAPS etc. Some of these are promoted as ventilators rather than sleep support products.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 09:05 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 08:55 PM)me50 Wrote: How many types of Bilevel machines does Resmed have?

At least three in the current Australian catalogue: VPAP S, VPAP ST and VPAP Adapt, all with additional options such as IVAPS etc. Some of these are promoted as ventilators rather than sleep support products.

all I know is that I am supposed to get a Resmed Bilevel Auto but I saw something about a VPAP Auto 25. Since I have not been using a bilevel before, I don't know a lot about them and I want to make sure that I am getting the best there is on the market right now. I don't want to have to change machines again. I am a little untrusting after my experience with my last DME. Since I have to pay some of the cost for this machine, I want the best Resmed Bilevel that treats OSA (I don't have central or mixed) Any help is appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 09:23 PM)me50 Wrote: all I know is that I am supposed to get a Resmed Bilevel Auto but I saw something about a VPAP Auto 25. Since I have not been using a bilevel before, I don't know a lot about them and I want to make sure that I am getting the best there is on the market right now.

The VPAP Auto 25 is part of the S8 series. The 25 refers to the maximum pressure of 25, the same as the S9 VPAP Auto. The S8 VPAP Auto only had a maximum pressure of 20.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 10:09 PM)big_dave Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 09:23 PM)me50 Wrote: all I know is that I am supposed to get a Resmed Bilevel Auto but I saw something about a VPAP Auto 25. Since I have not been using a bilevel before, I don't know a lot about them and I want to make sure that I am getting the best there is on the market right now.

The VPAP Auto 25 is part of the S8 series. The 25 refers to the maximum pressure of 25, the same as the S9 VPAP Auto. The S8 VPAP Auto only had a maximum pressure of 20.

Thank you. Do you know if the S9 Bilevel Auto is the best Bilevel Resmed has on the market right now?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 10:20 PM)me50 Wrote: Thank you. Do you know if the S9 Bilevel Auto is the best Bilevel Resmed has on the market right now?

Sorry, I'm not a bilevel user. The VPAP Auto 25 is my mom's machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 10:20 PM)me50 Wrote: Thank you. Do you know if the S9 Bilevel Auto is the best Bilevel Resmed has on the market right now?

Resmed don't make a machine with "Bilevel" in the name. The current "consumer" range are all S9 VPAP types. There are quite a few of them, all with different characteristics and aimed at treatment different conditions. So there's no one "best" machine.

I know you've had problem doctors and DMEs in the past, but when you're getting into this level of sophistication, you really need to have a thorough in depth discussion with your medical advisors. It's a matter of selecting the most appropriate machine rather than some theoretical "best" machine.

Having said all that, if your main issue is central or mixed apnea, then the VPAP Adapt would be a good place to start. Its an auto-servo (ASV) machine rather than a simpler bilevel which will not treat centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 120 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,870 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,183 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.