Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP Adapt pressure question
RE: VPAP Adapt pressure question
Lung/chest muscle were still sore yesterday and after talking to the therapist I decided to not use my machine last night to allow the soreness to wane more. will try to use it this afternoon if I decide to take a nap or if not then tonight ..

Chest still feels somewhat expanded this morning but not nearly as much as it has felt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like some small improvement, which is good to hear. We're all here to support you. Keep on keeping on.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
doing much better since doctor reduced my pressure down to 4-3-8 .. have been sleeping for about 5 hours a night with it. AHI's have been under 1 the past 3 days and think I starting to feel a little better. no centrals

Developed a sore nose the past 2 days and couldn't figure out why when while cleaning my pillow mask I noticed that the left inside pillow had turned inside on itself. I think this turned under inside pillow was causing the outside pillow to vibrate and thus causing the soreness in my nose. Corrected it and seems to be much better !

Has anyone else had this happen to them ??
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2014, 12:46 PM)Whitewabit Wrote: doing much better since doctor reduced my pressure down to 4-3-8 .. have been sleeping for about 5 hours a night with it. AHI's have been under 1 the past 3 days and think I starting to feel a little better. no centrals

Developed a sore nose the past 2 days and couldn't figure out why when while cleaning my pillow mask I noticed that the left inside pillow had turned inside on itself. I think this turned under inside pillow was causing the outside pillow to vibrate and thus causing the soreness in my nose. Corrected it and seems to be much better !

Sounds like your changes are for the better. Still having chest pains?

The pillow inside out happened to me, too, at the beginning. The DME saw it and told me to always watch for that. Don't know how it happens, but apparently it does.

My husband's nose is sore now, too (P10s), and swollen. Not mine, yay! Don't know what the issue is, though. He doesn't like the new HP lanolin I got him, so is going back to some other lubricant. I'm raising his humidity every few days to see if that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2014, 01:46 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 12:46 PM)Whitewabit Wrote: doing much better since doctor reduced my pressure down to 4-3-8 .. have been sleeping for about 5 hours a night with it. AHI's have been under 1 the past 3 days and think I starting to feel a little better. no centrals

Sounds like your changes are for the better. Still having chest pains?

The pillow inside out happened to me, too, at the beginning. The DME saw it and told me to always watch for that. Don't know how it happens, but apparently it does.

My husband's nose is sore now, too (P10s), and swollen. Not mine, yay! Don't know what the issue is, though. He doesn't like the new HP lanolin I got him, so is going back to some other lubricant. I'm raising his humidity every few days to see if that helps.

No the chest discomfort has dissipated took about three days for the soreness to wear off. The setting I am at now seem to be ok for me. My AHI as been under 1 for the past 4 days and no centrals.

A big test will be tonight as I change a medication patch tonight and usually on these days I end up having to take a pain pill also for break out pain . So if I am to have any centrals it should be on nights I do that!

Will watch the pillows now to make sure it doesn't happen again. wonder how they get turned under??

Bought a new mask for tonight since nose is so sore or wouldn't have been able to wear it .. Bought the Wisp Nasal Mask .. tried it out for 30 minutes and was pleased with the comfort of it. Had it on pretty loose and it didn't leak when I rolled my head around and moved to either side .. So am up to 3 masks now and will probably end up with a couple more according to conditions I encounter. The prices of these masks are sure a rip off !!

Had to go to the DME anyway today because I broke the SD Card for the machine and had to go there to get a new one .. will start another entry on that though..
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great! I'm starting with new settings tonight, 4-2-7, so we'll see how that goes. And ramp at 40, with humidity at 78. If that's not good, will go to 4-3-8, just like you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2014, 04:17 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
That's great! I'm starting with new settings tonight, 4-2-7, so we'll see how that goes. And ramp at 40, with humidity at 78. If that's not good, will go to 4-3-8, just like you.

I sure hope they work for you! Got my fingers crossed hoping for you!

Did you use the longer Ramp Time last night? How did you do? I found I didn't like the ramp and had turned it down to 5 minutes and now have turned it off completely.

I lowered my humidity down to 80 last night from 84% . Nose was very damp not quite wet but very close to it. Seemed to have it feel cold from the wetness. Turned it down a notch and it seemed to do better . Right now its raining and the humidity is at 100% and the other day it was only 40%, am wondering if the changing outside humidity is making a difference for me from day to day with my allergies being what is affected! And then makes a difference in using the machine.

We sleep with a window cracked open and the temperature is usually around 62-64 degrees in the winter time. Both me and wife like a cold room to sleep in. Haven't had any rainout in the hose though with the cold room temp.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2014, 12:46 PM)Whitewabit Wrote: Did you use the longer Ramp Time last night? How did you do? I found I didn't like the ramp and had turned it down to 5 minutes and now have turned it off completely.

I lowered my humidity down to 80 last night from 84% . Nose was very damp not quite wet but very close to it. Seemed to have it feel cold from the wetness. Turned it down a notch and it seemed to do better . Right now its raining and the humidity is at 100% and the other day it was only 40%, am wondering if the changing outside humidity is making a difference for me from day to day with my allergies being what is affected! And then makes a difference in using the machine.

We sleep with a window cracked open and the temperature is usually around 62-64 degrees in the winter time. Both me and wife like a cold room to sleep in. Haven't had any rainout in the hose though with the cold room temp.

Tried the ramp for 20, still awake and got air blasted when the ramp went off, said to h*ll with this, and upped it to 40 and started again. That worked, and I was asleep before the blasting started. I guess I'm a wuss and need the ramp, but on the other hand, I think the machine is duplicating my awake breathing when it shouldn't. So we'll see how it goes.

Same here, we like cold rooms, down comforters, moist cool air into our noses. Heaven!! We got traumatized by the Arizona heat, so we're grateful to be in Montreal. But then, winter's not here yet…

Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2014, 04:37 PM)Whitewabit Wrote: I lowered my humidity down to 80 last night from 84% . Nose was very damp not quite wet but very close to it. Seemed to have it feel cold from the wetness. Turned it down a notch and it seemed to do better . Right now its raining and the humidity is at 100% and the other day it was only 40%, am wondering if the changing outside humidity is making a difference for me from day to day with my allergies being what is affected! And then makes a difference in using the machine.

Are you sure that the humidity is 100%? Just because it is raining does not make the humidity 100%. In fact, the rain can reduce the humidity while it is raining as well as increase it. Depends on the conditions.

If the temperature of the air at ground level is 70 deg. F and the temperature of the rain drops is 50 deg. F at ground level, moisture from the air will condense on the rain drops thus reducing the humidity.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2014, 08:32 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Are you sure that the humidity is 100%? Just because it is raining does not make the humidity 100%. In fact, the rain can reduce the humidity while it is raining as well as increase it. Depends on the conditions.

If the temperature of the air at ground level is 70 deg. F and the temperature of the rain drops is 50 deg. F at ground level, moisture from the air will condense on the rain drops thus reducing the humidity.

Well, isn't that interesting. Having lived most of my life in Portland, Oregon, where it constantly rains, I know that can't be 100% humidity. And Phoenix after a monsoon but at 110 degrees, that's not 100% humidity. But Michigan in the summer, that's a different story. Might as well not ever take a shower because you sure don't ever feel like you've left it.

What interesting things I learn here…

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Pressure Support Question MrIvanDrago 16 1,282 01-02-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  [Pressure] Advice needed with question about inhalation pressure Dawna 13 877 10-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.