Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP Adapt pressure question
RE: VPAP Adapt pressure question
Well failed the test last night .. breakout pain took over and had to take additional pain medication. Then couldn't get to sleep because of the pain so numbers were messed up because of that being awake at the beginning for about an hour before I gave up and took it off and got up .. I waited too long before I took the meds and shouldn't have. Was tying to do with out them and I think I just made it worse by letting the pain reach too high a number before addressing it.

AHI somewhere around 5 if those are discarded .. so a big increase .. but no centrals and I think the reason is it logged them as a Hypopneas because the machine stopped them .. then I took the mask off and shut the machine off in my sleep don't remember doing it. My wife said she didn't hear me so must have shut it down then took mask off, she is a light sleeper and the rushing air would have woke her up.. low pressure weather systems and damp weather conditions affect my back and thus my pain level and has been raining and damp here the past 2 days. Back isn't any better today.

I liked the new Wisp Nasal Mask I got .. don't have to have it on very tight to make a good seal and that made it very comfortable. My leak rate was low. Nose not as sore or sore at all so may go back to the pillows.. also forgot to change the mask setting going from pillows to nasal the first part before I remembered .
Post Reply Post Reply
what a difference in a day .. still having trouble with wearing the mask longer then 5 hours with out taking it off in my sleep sometime. But think that too will get longer as I wear it more . The mask is by far the hardest thing about treating sleep apnea to over come !

Last night numbers were very good again after a bad night yesterday. AHI of .69 last night with just a few short hypopnea's! and one was just as I was falling asleep so might not be a true hypopnea. I don't use the ramp feature so it records from the time I put the mask on.

Had been thinking of moving my numbers up after the high AHI numbers on Monday night (8.11) but now will let them be for a week to see what the weekly numbers will be. I also had worn the Wisp mask Sunday night and forgot to change from Nasal mask to pillows and may have effected the outcome . Not sure if that is possible or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you are doing well and getting acclimated. Great news, keep up the good work.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,241 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Pressure Support Question MrIvanDrago 16 1,286 01-02-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  [Pressure] Advice needed with question about inhalation pressure Dawna 13 879 10-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.