Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Received S8 Card Reader
Received S8 Card Reader
I just could not help myself. I am so stoked. Amazing I just received my S8 card reader in the mail yesterday. It has been a while. I downloaded data this morning. I was very happy for some of the tips from here concerning ResScan installation. Everything was smooth. It took me a little fiddling to get the data off the card and into the computer.

This is really helpful. Thanks to everyone. Thanks

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Received S8 Card Reader
Perhaps you can help me. I got the card reader from Israel. I also have one data card. I installed Resmed including the driver since it seems the driver is required for this special reader. However, when I insert my data card into my S8, nothing happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong??? Am I supposed to put the machine in a certain state before inserting the card?

Plus, is the S8 even capable of a detailed report ??? -- I have just been reading out the summary efficacy data from the machine's LED screen.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, as one engineer to another, I will offer any help that I can but keep in mind that I am definitely a rookie with this software and hardware set-up. My card reader came from Israel also.

My S8 gives a detailed report but it is the VPAP Auto 25. The first question is, "Did you create a patient file in the software. The things that I have read about this say that one needs to have one, if one wants to save the data to the computer. I created one first thing, so I do not know how it works without a patient file. I presume that you have figured out that the printed side of the data card must be up when installed in the VPAP and that it must be facing down when inserting it into the card reader

The software has an auto download feature. If you have the software loaded and the reader installed the download should activate when you insert the card into the reader. It starts by bringing up the patient "File List". The next step is the one that had me messing with it for a while. I kept looking for a button or something that said "Start Download" or something like that. There was a "phantom" button at the lower right of the window that only partially showed up. I thought that was what I needed and I kept trying to figure out why it was not doing anything. Well I am making a short story long. What I finally did to initiate the download was to either click or double click (can not remember which) on the one patient file that I had created in the file list. Presto amazo it started the download!

If the download does not auto start, you can use the download menu to bring down the file list and proceed from there. If none of this is any help, I hope that someone who is much more knowledgeable about this software and hardware chimes in. All I know is what I did to get it to work and once I figured out how to get the download started, it was pretty straightforward.

I guess I did not read your question carefully enough. With the card print side up, I got nothing on the first try. I had to pull it out and re-insert it firmly to get the machine to bring up the correct messages in the LED.

Good luck and let me know how it comes out.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2014, 03:57 PM)justMongo Wrote: Perhaps you can help me. I got the card reader from Israel. I also have one data card. I installed Resmed including the driver since it seems the driver is required for this special reader. However, when I insert my data card into my S8, nothing happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong??? Am I supposed to put the machine in a certain state before inserting the card?

Plus, is the S8 even capable of a detailed report ??? -- I have just been reading out the summary efficacy data from the machine's LED screen.

Make sure the electrical contacts are facing up when you insert the card into the reader, not facing down like when you insert in the machine.

The S8 gives detailed data, but not as detailed as the S9. My Autoset II gives AHI, leaks, events and pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 215 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 557 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 943 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME... emptyheaded 4 593 06-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: emptyheaded
Angry Received old Resmed aircurve S10 vauto? jb1977belgium 13 2,022 03-31-2022, 10:40 AM
Last Post: tolnaiz
  Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card Reader jewelsav 13 3,632 03-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: gaharv00
  Just received CPAP, need help with titration TiredCoconut 10 1,080 12-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: TiredCoconut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.