Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP pressure 20 - best mask?
Angry 
I have tried the FX, Amara and Mirage Quattro masks - currently using the M. Quattro Medium. I have very high leak - more than 24 liters - up to 100 and more. RT at doctor's office recommended the Mojo mask. Has someone tried this mask? The nasal mask doesn't work - blows the air through my lips - even with chinstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check Supplier #1 for customer reviews
Another mask might be of interest is F&P 431, got a piece goes under the chin for support
Its difficult to tell whether any mask going to work for you without first trying
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2013, 06:03 PM)zonk Wrote: Check Supplier #1 for customer reviews
Another mask might be of interest is F&P 431, got a piece goes under the chin for support
Its difficult to tell whether any mask going to work for you without first trying

Thank you Zonk. Tried the Fp masks -they leaked at pressure of 12. The Hans Rudolph was good at 16 but no more. I read the customer reviews but after ordering some supplies that were highly recommended on certain sites and not finding the same results I am a little hesitant to just rely on commercial site reviews. You are right though - what works for one might not wotk for another.
Post Reply Post Reply

RespIronics Fit Life mask is wonderful. No lines or mask farts, here. The total face mask makes me feel less clostrophobic than any other mask beacause I have a clear field of vision. It also makes me feel like an astronaut!

I know my pressure only shows as high as 8 in my profile but it goes up to 17 in the night and my machine doesn't register leaks.

Good luck,
Kate
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
My pressure is 20 also and I have good results with the Mirage Quattro. Have you read the section on Mask Arrayed blog called Taming the Mirage Quattro. Very good information. Just Google Mask Arrayed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2014, 04:02 AM)Kate Wrote: RespIronics Fit Life mask is wonderful. No lines or mask farts, here. The total face mask makes me feel less clostrophobic than any other mask beacause I have a clear field of vision. It also makes me feel like an astronaut!

I know my pressure only shows as high as 8 in my profile but it goes up to 17 in the night and my machine doesn't register leaks.

Good luck,
Kate

I can concur...I don't run pressures that high, but I've found that fit testing at 20 cm H20 (what my S9 uses for fitting) has given me no issues. I will say, that the FitLife is an adjustment because it is a total face mask...not for everyone, but if it works for you, it's a gooder Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Pressure mandating very tight mask & worsening AHI Wrz77 13 285 02-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Wrz77
  Need to get Data from Resmed Vpap Auto (not the S9) wilkr 3 184 01-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 1,806 11-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
Question [Equipment] S9 VPAP AUTO QT2U 0 243 11-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Last Post: QT2U
  resmed s9 vpap s faliure marcus112 6 601 10-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months ckingzzzs 2 477 07-18-2016, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Looking for some thoughts on VPAP use ckingzzzs 7 1,012 07-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post: ckingzzzs