Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP pressure 20 - best mask?
Angry 
VPAP pressure 20 - best mask?
I have tried the FX, Amara and Mirage Quattro masks - currently using the M. Quattro Medium. I have very high leak - more than 24 liters - up to 100 and more. RT at doctor's office recommended the Mojo mask. Has someone tried this mask? The nasal mask doesn't work - blows the air through my lips - even with chinstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VPAP pressure 20 - best mask?
Check Supplier #1 for customer reviews
Another mask might be of interest is F&P 431, got a piece goes under the chin for support
Its difficult to tell whether any mask going to work for you without first trying
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2013, 06:03 PM)zonk Wrote: Check Supplier #1 for customer reviews
Another mask might be of interest is F&P 431, got a piece goes under the chin for support
Its difficult to tell whether any mask going to work for you without first trying

Thank you Zonk. Tried the Fp masks -they leaked at pressure of 12. The Hans Rudolph was good at 16 but no more. I read the customer reviews but after ordering some supplies that were highly recommended on certain sites and not finding the same results I am a little hesitant to just rely on commercial site reviews. You are right though - what works for one might not wotk for another.
Post Reply Post Reply

RespIronics Fit Life mask is wonderful. No lines or mask farts, here. The total face mask makes me feel less clostrophobic than any other mask beacause I have a clear field of vision. It also makes me feel like an astronaut!

I know my pressure only shows as high as 8 in my profile but it goes up to 17 in the night and my machine doesn't register leaks.

Good luck,
Kate
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
My pressure is 20 also and I have good results with the Mirage Quattro. Have you read the section on Mask Arrayed blog called Taming the Mirage Quattro. Very good information. Just Google Mask Arrayed.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2014, 04:02 AM)Kate Wrote: RespIronics Fit Life mask is wonderful. No lines or mask farts, here. The total face mask makes me feel less clostrophobic than any other mask beacause I have a clear field of vision. It also makes me feel like an astronaut!

I know my pressure only shows as high as 8 in my profile but it goes up to 17 in the night and my machine doesn't register leaks.

Good luck,
Kate

I can concur...I don't run pressures that high, but I've found that fit testing at 20 cm H20 (what my S9 uses for fitting) has given me no issues. I will say, that the FitLife is an adjustment because it is a total face mask...not for everyone, but if it works for you, it's a gooder Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,498 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 664 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 394 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask for High Pressure on ASV PamVT41 8 588 12-16-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,026 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 477 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 328 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.