Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Valium, Klonopin, Benzos and Sleep Apnea
RE: Valium, Klonopin, Benzos and Sleep Apnea
I demasked again last night and am feeling the apneas. I'm so tired now after years of this that I fall asleep on the couch instead of going to the asv and using it.
I'm really concerned about klonopin losing its effectiveness because it's really the only thing that helps my CSA/OSA right now with the asv
Post Reply Post Reply
Put the machine next to the couch and use it there.

The only effective remedy for our ailment is the machine, and the machine won't work if you don't use it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2014, 09:06 PM)physicsstudent13 Wrote: I demasked again last night and am feeling the apneas. I'm so tired now after years of this that I fall asleep on the couch instead of going to the asv and using it.
I'm really concerned about klonopin losing its effectiveness because it's really the only thing that helps my CSA/OSA right now with the asv

(04-27-2014, 08:18 PM)physicsstudent13 Wrote: yeah well for my centrals+PLMD the machine is only effective with klonopin. I found ambien helps but is not nearly as effective, so I don't know why everyone complains when I'm giving people great advice that works for me

Hmmmm. two posts back it wasn't working so well. But now it is! Good job!
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 08:49 PM)physicsstudent13 Wrote: well it's not working because I didn't take the klonopin last night and demasked last night.
so what do you do for your sleep apnea? cpap never worked for me, I have centrals+PLMD. I was on resmed

I use a cpap machine. It works very well. I don't do drugs, except for those prescribed for emphysema. Yep, I have that issue but that's not related to cpap use.

You seem to relate cpap use to drug use. I don't think that's wise. If you want to do drugs, do that. But if you want to control sleep apnea, use your machine to do that.

You use the term "demask" frequently. I don't understand that term. Everytime you use it I think you're talking about taking off your undershorts or something. To me there is no such thing as "demask." If I expect my cpap machine to help my sleep apnea, I leave the mask on. No exceptions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 08:49 PM)physicsstudent13 Wrote: well it's not working because I didn't take the klonopin last night and demasked last night.

You can't draw conclusions from one night's experience and data.

Quote:so what do you do for your sleep apnea? cpap never worked for me,

CPAP therapy doesn't work for you because you don't use the machine. If you demask, you're not using the machine. If you sleep on the sofa with the machine in another room, you're not using the machine.

You're pretending that CPAP therapy doesn't work. We're using our CPAP machines to help us sleep. You're not.

When you study physics one of the things you learn is that the members of our species are very good at fooling ourselves.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 09:22 PM)physicsstudent13 Wrote: no I slept all night on the cpap and it didn't help. cpap can't treat centrals
I demask because I unconsciously

When you demask, as you call it, you are NOT using the machine.

When you use a CPAP machine you keep the mask on.

CPAP machines do treat central apnea. There are many members of this forum who report successful treatment of central sleep apnea with CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machines specially designed to treat central sleep apnea.

You have one of those machines.

It doesn't treat your apnea because you don't use it.

If you''re unconsciously taking the mask off then recognize that as your problem and get the help you need to fix it.

If you're falling asleep on the sofa with the machine in the other room then recognize that as your problem and get the help you need to fix it.

Other people have reported these same problems here on this forum. They have sought out remedies with the help of members of this forum. They have successfully overcome those problems.

How did they do it?

By being honest with themselves.

Adults recognize their problems and seek solutions.

Children whine.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 243 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 353 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 293 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.