Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Van Life Cpap to Van Battery
Van Life Cpap to Van Battery
I camp in a Ford Transit Van. The van itself has 2 batteries under the drivers seat. Can I buy a 3rd battery and connect it in parallel to charge when van is running. Then disconnect it and hook up a Battery Clips to Cigarette Lighter Adapter Extension Cord - 2FT(10FT) Female Car Cigarette Lighter Socket 12v-24v Battery Clip-on Extension Cable with 15A Fuse
and plug my Resmed Airsense 10 into it using the KFD 12V 24V Car Charger Vehicle Power Supply 90W? Or is it more complicated than I think?  If that will work, how many nights could I run my Cpap? Will the battery charge that way? Will that damage my van? Any battery recommendation(of course cheap is best) Thanks in advance! Please do not use technical jargon, I have a simple mind. Since I am new to the forum, I could not post links.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Van Life Cpap to Van Battery
Why do you have 2 batteries?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is an option on the Ford Transit 12-passenger van. because the interior lights and the cigarette lighters stay on for 30 minutes after you close the doors you kind of need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's sounds like a camper van of some sort, so it might have appliances.

To the OP, what I would probably do to avoid all of the disconnecting and such, is to do a permanent install, with a battery switch for that 3rd battery, which should be a quality Deep Cycle. Then you can port a dedicated 12v Cigar outlet somewhere convenient near your sleeping area, to avoid running a mess of extensions all over. When you are driving, turn the switch to all so that the DC battery recharges with the others.  When sleeping, turn the switch so that the Deep Cycle battery is isolated so that the Cpap doesn't draw from the others. Naturally, this is all assuming you are dry camping.  If you are connected to site power, 30a-50a, and have built-in inverter and charger, leave them all on, and run your Cpap to your hearts content.  Pretty easy to map out a professional and quality install.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 9 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,262 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.