Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 vauto or resmed 9 vpap?
Resmed 10 vauto or resmed 9 vpap?
Anyone use both and have recommendation? I heard that air blower may last longer on the 9 vpap model. Does the newer (Resmed10 Vauto) have improved logarithm? If no difference in price which would you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 auto or resmed 9 vpap?
Maybe for clarity sake, which exact machines are being compared? My interpretation may be right or wrong, but I view this as both ResMed's but an AirSense 10 AutoSet vs an S9 VPAP which probably equates to the VAuto in the 10 series. Which is best for you? That depends on if an AutoSet APAP or a VAuto BPAP type is better for you therapy. If you need PS/pressure support over 3, the VPAP gets my vote. If you don't need BPAP levels of PS, then I'd get the newer 10 series.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 vauto or resmed 9 vpap?
sorry, i meant to compare two bi-level Resmed machines. The newer 10 Vauto against the older series 9 Vpap. I edited my previous thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks for clearing that up. I would think not much has changed algorithm wise, but I'd lean towards newer 10 VAuto if pricing is equal. If the 9 is saving quite a lot of dollars, I don't think it is a wrong move to go that way.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2020, 01:26 PM)Beaumont1124 Wrote: sorry, i meant to compare two bi-level Resmed machines. The newer 10 Vauto against the older series 9 Vpap. I edited my previous thread.

Hi Beaumont,
I don't use either of the machines you are considering, but I migrated a few months ago from an S9 Autoset to an Airsense 10 Autoset For Her.  I have not had any other changes like weight gain/loss or meds change that might influence results.  I ran some detailed comparisons of the results on the A10 versus the S9, which I reported in this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rapy-Modes

It is clear to me that Resmed is continuing to improve their treatment algorithms.  While you are looking at different machines than I have compared, I would expect that similar work may have been invested in the BiPap group of machines.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Beaumont, I have both with the 10 Vauto being my main machine and the S9 VPAP I use for travel. Both seem to deliver exactly the same therapy and both have Resmeds Easy Breathe technology. The only difference is size when traveling. I rarely use the humidifier which means I can halve the size of the S9 if I wish. I just need a hose with a different connection.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 345 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,979 2 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 92 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 87 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 71 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 180 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.