Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Varying Data - Newbie
Varying Data - Newbie
Hey guys, So I've been trying to dial in my settings. But I feel like some days my 10.5 minimum is too high, and others that it is not high enough.

Some recent screengrabs attached. What do you guys think?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Varying Data - Newbie
Some more.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd would set the minimum pressure to 11.5cm.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks! what makes you think so? trying to learn how to do this myself. teach a man to fish and all that Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
If you you move the minimum pressure up a little it can stop some of those events from forming. Right now your pressure is raising after the fact. If you can prevent the event from forming in the first place you can avoid the higher pressures.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are very good,  any adjustments should be small, think .5 cmw, and given a period of time to settle in.  You will have variances on a day to day period.

The more important question at this time is how do you feel?  This is more important than your numbers right now.

That said if you want to bump it up I'd take it to 11 cmw for about a week.  Be advised, you numbers say you do not NEED to raise the pressure.
I will add that I tend to be more conservative in my settings, usually targeting close to where others recommend, just getting there a bit slower.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 501 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 189 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 284 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.